Talk

Advanced search

Father Xmas at Selfridges booking open! So easy compared to Harrods

(10 Posts)
stinky Fri 02-Oct-09 11:50:41

Loads of availability. Cost is £2 per person. We all went last year and it was very good.

stinky Fri 02-Oct-09 12:01:43

bump

tootiredtothink Fri 02-Oct-09 13:55:03

I'm obviously being really thick blush, but can't see where to book it on the Selfridges website?

spicemonster Fri 02-Oct-09 14:03:25

On the homepage - santa's grotto.

Thanks for that stinky - have booked

FritesMenthe Fri 02-Oct-09 14:05:18

here

thaliablogs Fri 02-Oct-09 14:29:24

Agree, I thought it was very good, although a little rushed with father Christmas himself. I thought we'd go to harrods this year but see I've already missed the boat. Oh well, glad for the reminder to book selfridges!

mrsruffallo Fri 02-Oct-09 14:30:52

I thought it was crap last year. And you came out at the expensive glass department which made my palms sweat (four tired kids with me)

nikki1978 Fri 02-Oct-09 15:20:32

Thanks for the reminder I used to go when I was a kid and loved it! Just booked for the Saturday before xmas in the afternoon so might plan something else for afterwards so we are around long enough to see the lights.

How long does it take to do?

stinky Fri 02-Oct-09 16:49:36

Last year it took about half an hour. You went through the grotto, then on a train ride, then went in to see Father Xmas and the children all received a small gift (a book in our case). It was very prompt and we all kept moving so no hanging around with bored kids.

tootiredtothink Fri 02-Oct-09 16:58:45

Wonderful, thank you. Have booked.

Now just have to find somewhere cheap to stay.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now