Talk

Advanced search

Can't think of what to get dd2

(14 Posts)
scrappydappydoo Wed 30-Sep-09 22:25:18

DD1 is 3 and dd2 is 18mths. Wr seem to have most things that are appropriate for her dd2 age group so I'm kinda stuck about to get her for christmas and birthday in Feb. I don't want to just buy any old tat but on the other hand we have most stuff I would consider buying her. What do you do about dcs who are the same sex but close enough in age to be playing with similar stuff??

Marioandluigi Thu 01-Oct-09 09:46:46

Happyland stuff? I never think you can have enough of that!

Or a bike/Wheelybug type of toy?

scrappydappydoo Thu 01-Oct-09 13:20:25

We seem to have the entire happyland collection hmm and loads of ride ons and stuff - we have inherited a lot of stuff from family so we have most bases covered

timmette Thu 01-Oct-09 13:25:21

What about something for outside I know it's not the weather for it but a slide set or playhouse maybe they last a longtime and get lots of use.
Or a wheelybug, trike.

Lilyloo Thu 01-Oct-09 13:36:19

Do they have play kitchen ?

scrappydappydoo Thu 01-Oct-09 21:11:23

We have a play kitchen.. a swing and slide set outside and a trampoline, 2 trikes and a bike hmm they sound really spoilt - but honestly its all hand me downs or gifts from family and friends. I do regular clear outs to charity and ebay.
I'm quite happy to only get them something small - its more family who are starting to ask now and dd1 is 3 so has cottoned on to the whole 'I get pressies at xmas' thing.

FimbleHobbs Fri 02-Oct-09 13:14:44

Dressing up stuff?

nappyaddict Sat 03-Oct-09 18:00:21

Wooden dolls house? Toys R Us have a fab one half price at the moment.

Also I saw these in Netto for £10.

Rindercella Sat 03-Oct-09 18:07:32

Oh, nappyaddict, DD has those (but with jungle animals rather than ITNG characters) and she still loves it (she's now 2).

Scrappy, I would suggest books and clothes to family members for your DD2.

nappyaddict Sat 03-Oct-09 18:12:30

Where did you get the jungle animal ones and how much were they. I would prefer those to ITNG ones tbh.

Rindercella Sat 03-Oct-09 18:14:45

Oh, it was a shop in Witney I think. IIRC, they were about 15 quid or so (gah, as usual I pay over the odds for DD's stuff!). Am sure DD would prefer the ITNG ones too wink

nappyaddict Sat 03-Oct-09 18:17:14

What about

Duplo
Geotrax
Kids meccano
Kid knex
Stickle bricks
Playdough
Musical instruments
One of those child sized mini drum kits
ELC cut and play food
Bubble machine
this
this
these

lilysam Mon 05-Oct-09 08:34:18

Craft stuff from ELC - gets used up so its not more 'stuff' filling up the house and the kids have great fun making mess art

FimbleHobbs Tue 06-Oct-09 12:19:01

Also - novelty/character duvet covers (assuming they would not ruin 'design' of bedroom(s)) - my DC get very excited by Dora duvet cover or whatever, and it is a Useful present not just something not being played with and taking up space.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now