Talk

Advanced search

Which one of these please for my ds - help me choose

(14 Posts)
timmette Wed 30-Sep-09 07:30:16

There is this one from the elc which has lights and sounds etc elc or this one it's wooden.
Or if you have seen a better one somewhere please point me in the right directions. Thankyou.

Lizzylou Wed 30-Sep-09 07:39:05

HOw old is your DS?
I can't get the ELC one to load, we have the wooden ELC garage, have had it now for 3.5 years and it is still goining strong.
The Amazon one looks v good, bit expensive but worth it if it lasts.

timmette Wed 30-Sep-09 07:40:57

He will be 3.9 at Christmas.
I have seen the amazon one for 72 including delivery was hoping someone might have seen it cheaper somewhere.
Do you think they are too babyish?

scrappydappydoo Wed 30-Sep-09 07:57:29

I would also think about space - that amazon one looks huge - the chad valley range in argos have got some similar but much cheaper...

Lizzylou Wed 30-Sep-09 08:03:47

To be honest my DS1 had the garage for his 2nd birthday, he played with it more approaching 3.5/4yrs old and still plays with it now.
It is worth getting one that will last, but yes, as Scrappy says it does look very big, if space is an issue, may be worth getting a smaller one.

timmette Wed 30-Sep-09 08:30:49

Thanks for that space is not really a problem and it will get lots of use since I am expecting ds2 - I guess then I should go for one that lasts longer.

Will have a look on argos - thanks for the tip.

spacedog Wed 30-Sep-09 09:57:27

John Lewis do a smaller wooden one which looks grown up and lovely. That ELC one has good reviews (my 4 year old still plays with the more babyish version). Le Toy Van also do a couple of nice wooden garages, just google them. The other one you linked to looks gorgeous but is so big, biggest I've seen!

Lizzylou Wed 30-Sep-09 10:03:17

Ah, another Mom of two boys (same here!), congrats.
Get the best you can afford then, it is likely to be in use for a while!
I personally prefer wooden as it is sturdier and looks nicer. Some of the plastic ones are v flimsy. The less toys with lights/sounds the better as well!

Lizzylou Wed 30-Sep-09 10:05:34

This looks good
Few on here, good prices

thesouthsbelle Wed 30-Sep-09 10:12:18

my DS has the ELC one. he's 3.7 mo, and loves it, esp all the noises etc. It is big thou.

timmette Wed 30-Sep-09 10:23:36

lizzylou I agree about the lights and sounds wink. I think I will get a wooden one I just sent my sis the links for both and she has declared she will buy him the wooden one for Christmas - very generous and lovely gesture - but now I have to think of another present for him hmm .

I did think of John Lewis will have a browse on line now - thankyou

Oh no have seen loads of things on that webiste you linked to lizzylou that I would like to buy.

I can justify it now two ds's will get use out of them.

Lizzylou Wed 30-Sep-09 10:49:09

Benefit of 2 boys Timmette!
Glad you've found some things you like.
Playmobil is always good, both my two (they are 5.5 and 3.5yrs old) play with their Playmobil castles/pirate ships and dinosaurs loads.
It will last for ever and be great for your DS2 as well in a few years time.

timmette Wed 30-Sep-09 12:08:34

That's interesting about Playmobil because his Oma bought him a farm set last year and it was never played with - maybe something like Pirates might be more interesting for him - to be honest was a bit nervous also about all the small bits - were your boys ok with them?
And thanks for the help.

Lizzylou Wed 30-Sep-09 12:56:56

They were fine, DS1 got some when he was 3, so DS2 was 1, I just "hid" the very small stuff.
Things like the Pirates treasure chest and Pirate ship are fab, or the Castle. You can add to the collections then at BIrthdays etc.
They both love the dinosaurs too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now