Talk

Advanced search

Please help me buy a special present for ds as I won't be with him on Christmas Day.

(12 Posts)
timmette Tue 29-Sep-09 13:40:08

Wow there is a Christmas thread - I am so happy and over excited grin.
Can I have some help deciding what to get ds who will be 3y9 months in December - we don't live in the UK but am coming home next month to visit my sis and will need to do all shopping then - want to get him something really good as I will be in hospital on Christmas Day.
Anyway he has been obsessed with Take Along Thomas for the last few years but I have a feeling he is growing out of it, he does like cars etc but not overly crazed, not a Playmobil fan does like Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and, music and art and has a strange fascination with his dads power tools hmm.
Any ideas at all would be appreciated , even wacky ones and even better if I can buy online - UK delivery is no problem.
Thanks

Iklboo Tue 29-Sep-09 13:45:06

Little Einsteins stuff
JCB Tool Bench

timmette Tue 29-Sep-09 13:53:29

Oh tool bench very good idea - thanks will investigate that. Any more ideas out there smile .

vacaloca Tue 29-Sep-09 13:55:14

How about a digital camera if he's into that sort of thing at all? Then someone can help him make a little scrapbook of his day for you?

Iklboo Tue 29-Sep-09 14:01:50

There's this from Early Learning Centre workbench

Iklboo Tue 29-Sep-09 14:03:02

And Amazon tool bench

timmette Tue 29-Sep-09 14:05:49

vacaloca now you have made me cry - not that difficult lol pregnancy hormones blush - brilliant idea.

Iklboo that's very good he got a car from elc that you can build and it had a screw driver and drill and he loves it.
Thanks anymore ideas grin

vacaloca Tue 29-Sep-09 14:15:46

Oh timmette. Can I ask why you'll be in hospital?

TBH, he's still quite young - any chance you could postpone Christmas day? He'll never know.

DH bought me one of these for my birthday. It prints small sticker photos straight from your camera and the kids loved it to make scrapbooks while we were on holiday.

timmette Tue 29-Sep-09 14:24:42

Yes I will be having ds number 2 who is being delivered on Christmas Eve - while I have every intention of hopefully leaving on Christmas Day I can't garantee it.

I will miss my baby ds1 - he will have dh and my sis and lovely bil and they are his favourites sis and bil so I am sure he won't miss me however I will miss him sad.

That looks like a good gadget is it easy to use - I am a bit of a techno phobe blush.

vacaloca Tue 29-Sep-09 14:33:23

Very easy. No ink, just put the paper that comes with it inside, plug to your camera and press a button. It prints pretty good pictures in seconds and as they're stickers you don't need to faff about with glue, etc.

Good luck with the birth. I assume it's a CS and I take it you can't persuade them to delay by a few days/week?

I hope it all goes well.

timmette Tue 29-Sep-09 14:43:26

well I had the choice of the 24th or the 31st - but the 24th was the best choice in terms of having some support at home when I get home my sis followed by mil - had I chosed the 31st neither would have been able to come and help out. My sis is flying from the UK and mil is also crossing borders - and I am very thankful that they will be here to help and look after ds1.
I had a csection with ds and left the next day so I am hoping all goes well and I can do it again and not miss all of Christmas Day.

That gadget is a great idea ds is sticker crazy so he should have fun doing that.

vacaloca Tue 29-Sep-09 16:12:33

Sounds like a good plan. Good luck with it all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now