Talk

Advanced search

What are you buying your 1 year old daughter this Christmas?

(24 Posts)
Disenchanted3 Mon 28-Sep-09 18:08:16

Am lost! Got her birthday on Dec24th too so need a few bits!!

Disenchanted3 Mon 28-Sep-09 18:08:57

Hve got her a small pink waybuloo toy and a (2nd hand) ladybird wheely bug upto now.

poppy34 Mon 28-Sep-09 18:14:25

Is she one Then or more than one? Fisher price animal train big hit here or if you have space their crawl throgh play house or kitchen

poppy34 Mon 28-Sep-09 18:15:51

Rry saw small - bubbles, crayons, books(there are waybuloo ones) or any noise making toys, play mobile phone

Disenchanted3 Mon 28-Sep-09 18:43:00

Shes 1 on Christams eve, will check out the train

wheredidiputit Mon 28-Sep-09 19:19:46

tomy playdome.

It fold flat to.

Lilyloo Mon 28-Sep-09 19:50:58

ooh was just going to say wheelybug , that's what my dd is getting

cherrymonster Mon 28-Sep-09 20:42:29

there are a load of waybuloo books on amazon at the moment for around £3.50, and free delivery if you spend more than a fiver. i am getting a couple for dd2, and a book, a colouring book and a peppa pig fleece blanket for dd1, comes to under a tenner

ninja Mon 28-Sep-09 20:46:07

maybe doll and accessories - she's into cuddling, brushing hair etc.

Aqua draw?

shape sorter?

Bettymum Tue 29-Sep-09 14:53:34

My DD was one last Christmas, I got her a big tub of wooden blocks. Admittedly she plays with the tub more than the blocks (she loves to drum!) but it should be quite a long-lasting gift. When she does play with the blocks, I do too blush. She likes to knock my creations down and laugh maniacally.
They were a bit like this

greensnail Tue 29-Sep-09 14:59:30

DD also 1 on christmas eve, so am also having this problem!

So far I've bought her a big tub of bricks and a stacking toy that i saw on special offer. Was also thinking of getting some sort of ride-on toy.

GP's are buying a swing for her I think.

MrsBadger Tue 29-Sep-09 15:12:12

that is plenty IMO

put them in big boxes with lots of shredded tissue and she will have a fab time.

greensnail Tue 29-Sep-09 15:29:28

for birthday and christmas though MrsBadger

Maybe I'm trying to get too much to make up for the fact she doesn't really get a separate birthday though.

How much do people usually get for their babies for b-day and christmas?

MrsBadger Tue 29-Sep-09 15:59:37

she is too small to know or care though

save your cash til she is 7 and wants a pony

timmette Tue 29-Sep-09 16:01:54

greensnail my ds is being delivered on Christmas Eve this year smile.
Have you thought about a vtech thingy this one the front panel also detaches so they can play when sitting also in pink if you prefer my ds loved it and played with it for ages.

crankytwanky Tue 29-Sep-09 16:14:17

DS turned one just after christmas last year. I think i got him wooden blocks and a book. Most of our family bought him 1 toy & 1 piece if clothing.
My Mum bought him one small present and a slide in the summer. She'll do similar this year.

As MrsBadger says, save your money. The expensive presents will come! smile

greensnail Tue 29-Sep-09 16:17:09

i know you're right MrsB. Think I just feel guilty that she has her b-day then - she had to be delivered early as I wasn't well.

Sorry Disenchanted, I seem to have hijacked your thread blush

Denny185 Tue 29-Sep-09 16:17:38

A shopping bag with bits in and a pink stroller (DS wont let her play with the blue one!)

dingdong3 Tue 29-Sep-09 16:24:19

I'm with MrsBadger on this one. Get as many birthdays and christmasses as you can without breaking the bank. I think we spent less than a tenner on my DS1 for his first xmas and DT's will get less as their birthday is also near Christmas. Prob just get them a book each- money is going to be tight this year and they won't have a clue that it's any different a day. Will have plenty of fun tearing up the wrapping from our presents!

Disenchanted3 Tue 29-Sep-09 16:30:45

I've got a 5th birthday for my son on the 13th too so saving my money is prefrable!

I'm going to get her:

Birthdy - Wheelybug & waybuloo toy

Christmas, Timmytime teddy and some books.

Plus new PJs Xmas eve

I think that'll do

Thanks

reban Tue 29-Sep-09 21:34:08

hi disenchanted we are baby buddies! .. and i think (if im not getting you mixed up with someone else from last years antenatal thread) we were due on the same day last year too, the 20th dec!

i am also having this problem and started another thread re birthday / christmas ideas. i have so far brought my dd2 (dc4) a big box of stickle bricks which i think will be her main xmas present and she will get small gifts from her brothers and sister and many gifts from extended family and friends. One thing i have done is asked family to give money for her savings account for her bday so we are not inundated with toys or clothes at the same time. I have also decided to get her brothera and sister and cousins to make her bday presents from them so we can all get a bit creative!!

isnt it strange to think this time last year we were all so excited and huge!! grin i must pop in and say hi to all the ladies on the postnatal thread
xx

PfftTheMagicDragon Tue 29-Sep-09 21:35:34

small wheelybug. DD 1 couple of weeks before christmas, that is all she will be getting.

xayuk Fri 23-Oct-09 06:48:00

For great ideas take a look at;
www.squidoo.com/BabyFirstChristmasGifts

elliepac Fri 23-Oct-09 07:03:55

DD will be 1y10m and will be getting doll paraphernalia, building bricks and some waybuloo bits.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now