Talk

Advanced search

Stocking ideas needed. DC ages 5,6,10 and 12!

(10 Posts)
Tortoise Sun 27-Sep-09 17:33:13

Need cheap ideas especially for DS's. Got away with bubbles and silly novelty stuff last year, just! Not sure they will be so easily pleased this year. DD's are easier. grin

cherrymonster Sun 27-Sep-09 18:56:46

ds's are 10 and 12 right?
ok, so can of lynx and lynx shower gel, new pencils/pens for school, boxers and novelty xmas socks, um, nice thorntons chocs in a bag, funky keyring maybe?

HappyMummyOfOne Sun 27-Sep-09 19:19:41

Dvds, books, games, nice pens, puzzles, sweets and chocolate, t-shirts.

NorbertDentressangle Sun 27-Sep-09 19:24:53

A lot of the supermarkets are selling off outdoor stuff really cheap at the moment eg. footballs, baseball bats, frisbees, kites etc.

Clothes shops for T-shirts in the end of summer sale.

The Entertainer has regular good offers -currently they have some DrWho stuff including a build a dalek kit reduced from about £12 to £3.

Tortoise Sun 27-Sep-09 19:54:42

Good ideas so far, thanks smile
Can't do can of lynx though. It sets off my asthma. Maybe some other small can of deo would be ok.

KnickKnack Sun 27-Sep-09 19:59:05

do you mean cheap bits and pieces to go with the main present, or small thinks that fit in a stocking?

KnickKnack Sun 27-Sep-09 20:02:01

Hawkins should have almost everything you need for both ages, everything from about 50p upwards to expensive grin

costume jewellery for older 2 (lots of cool surf/rock type stuff for boys around)

Tortoise Sun 27-Sep-09 20:53:51

Yes mainly little bits and pieces. Buy from Hawkins every year but not found much in the latest book. Stocking is from Santa.

Grandhighpoohba Sun 27-Sep-09 22:19:53

IME, boys never grow out of enjoying, for a day or two at least,slimey, green gooey stuff, or things that make stupid noises. Squishy eyeballs, things that light up when you throw them, practical jokes etc. Anything that makes their parents go "eeew yuck" basically.

peacockparty Mon 28-Sep-09 12:12:26

I've been doing advent calender fillers for my 12yo brother, some of the things I've put in - stickers (skate type ones, there's a great book called stickerbomb, but you can also often find them as freebies online), cheapie usb drive (he's always losing his, and again you can often find them free, or for the price of P&P), Sharpies, Mini toiletries (Boots still has some of the summer holiday mini ones) and (this depends how much you hate yourself!) energy-drink shots. Hope that was helpful!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now