Talk

Advanced search

Really dont want to get DD present just for the sake of it ......

(8 Posts)
reban Thu 24-Sep-09 21:32:58

DD2 (dc4) will be 1 on xmas eve and i have no idea whet to get her for either her birthday or xmas. I am usually terrible at buying them all too much for xmas but this year we really have to scale it down, partly cost and partly we dont have a particularly big house. As dd is my fourth child we already have lots of other thing around the house that she plays with so im debating not getting anything, however i know this will upset her brothers and sister as they will want to know why poor dd2 hasnt got a big present. So i need some ideas for a 1 year old that isnt huge, plastic and tatty, that look suitable impressive but not expensive! not asking much am i grin

PlumBumMum Thu 24-Sep-09 21:39:37

dd2's second christmas, just turned 1,
she got a princess pushalong toy/thing,
a small sleeping beauty costume and a singing spidermanhmm, and as you say it was more for dd1 & ds, so they wouldn't think Santa didn't get her anything

I thought the push along would be useful, and our other on was a firengine and had been left outside, and it looked like a big present

mazzystartled Thu 24-Sep-09 21:43:39

well for starters can the other dcs give her toys they have outgrown?
how about a tutu?(you can put it in a big box with tissue)
a nice winter coat?
one of those big shiney helium balloons, again it can get wrapped up i a box with lots of ribbon tissue. Someone got one of those for DS when he was one and it was his favourite present

wingandprayer Thu 24-Sep-09 21:43:45

How about a toy box or keepsake box? Large(ish) and practical! If you bought a cheap one from Ikea or similar you could get older kids to help decorate it too for her.

OhYouBadBadKitten Thu 24-Sep-09 21:48:27

A giant cardboard box and a packet of carefully supervised markers

bigchris Thu 24-Sep-09 21:50:23

leapfrog drum, she'll love it

HappyMummyOfOne Thu 24-Sep-09 23:13:51

Boots have some lovely items from £5 and 3 for 2 like rag dolls, wooden peg puzzles etc.

reban Fri 25-Sep-09 12:07:48

thank you for your responses i like the idea of box that could be decorated, that would def keep the other children happy and we could put some little presents inside. Although i am thinking that for her birthday i may get other DCs to make her presents, so the tutu idea is def a good one

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now