Talk

Advanced search

Gifts for extra guests on Christmas day

(6 Posts)
mogs0 Sun 21-Dec-08 20:24:05

Ds and I always go to my Mum's for Christmas. There are often a few extra guests and this year my sister's pil will be there aswell as 2 of mum's friends (married couple).

My sisters and I have gone shares on presents for Mum's friends and I have got wine and home-made gingerbread for sister's pil.

We always have table presents to open at lunchtime. I usually do a photo-type gift of ds (last year was a coaster with ds' photo on it). I'm stuck for ideas for the pil because I don't think they'd want a calendar with my ds' face on it!!

Any suggestions? Has to be very cheap and easily obtained!

whomovedmychocolate Sun 21-Dec-08 20:50:10

I got some nice china mugs in a tin from John Lewis for our 'whoever we forgot' blush presents

whomovedmychocolate Sun 21-Dec-08 20:50:47

Food gifts are also good - if no-one needs an extra, you can scoff the lot! FiLs normally like toffee

mogs0 Sun 21-Dec-08 21:32:29

JL mugs in a tin sound nice but there isn't one near me.

I might have a little look in town on Tues when I drag ds in to get my hair cut!!

I've already made the mil some gingerbread. Would it look a bit crap if I gave her 2 homemade food gifts? Also, my baking skills only (just about) stretch to gingerbread!!!

I have asked my sister for a photo of the il's dogs so I can print off a calendar like the others are having but will have their dogs on it instead of ds.

horsemadgal Sun 21-Dec-08 22:03:10

I always buy soem extras boxes of biscuits and selection boxes 'just incase'.
Easily scoffed by me if not required.

bessiebighead Sun 21-Dec-08 22:49:31

I go mad at hmv with their £5 foreign films and arthouse releases... i wrap them all up... so that if they go i'm not sure which ones have left and then get a nice surprise for myself mid-jan with the left overs... saddo grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now