Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Wii games

(15 Posts)
inscotland Tue 16-Dec-08 15:39:34

I am looking for a wii game so everyone can join in with it on Boxing Day. It needs to be suitable and great fun (don't want any learning stuff) for children ranging from 6-10 years and adults.

Any recommendations?

timmette Tue 16-Dec-08 15:43:05

My sister and my sister in law are huge fans of Mario Kart and think it's great

ChristmasDisco Tue 16-Dec-08 15:45:40

warioware
carnival
cooking mama

MotherChristmas2OliverJames Tue 16-Dec-08 16:02:08

Carnival is great

Mario party 8 is good, but only if you have unlocked the mini games so you dont actually have to play the proper game IYSWIM?

FIMBOingaroundtheChristmasTree Tue 16-Dec-08 16:05:25

Sambo Des Amigo

We bought Mario Kart yesterday it comes with a wheel but you really need more than one to race against each other.

We have bought an additional remote and nunchuk from Tesco Direct using clubcard vouchers (bought Mario Kart on vouchers from them too)

FIMBOingaroundtheChristmasTree Tue 16-Dec-08 16:07:14

Sambo de Amigo

Another top tip - my library are issuing games this Thursday for 3 weeks instead of a week because of the Christmas hols. We are going in to hire a few and ds games.

janeite Tue 16-Dec-08 16:13:12

Mario Kart is really good. Wii Fit is brilliant, though i doubt you'll be able to get hold of it anywhere. Sonic And Mario At The Olympics is good fun. But I think the best game for a crowd is Wii Sports.

sb6699 Tue 16-Dec-08 16:23:17

Just a tip in case anyone wants one - I ordered wii fit from Argos yesterday.

Was available for Home Delivery only when I went into the shop even though internet said it wasn't at all. Apparently their site is only updated once a day so might be slightly out of kilter with actual stock levels.

dilbertina Tue 16-Dec-08 16:44:54

I've got

this

Looked fun, even to just watch, has good reviews, suitable for all ages.....won't be able to let you know what it's like till after Christmas though!

Hulababy Tue 16-Dec-08 16:45:06

Wii play
Carnival
Mario Olympic Games

Hulababy Tue 16-Dec-08 16:45:52

Sorry meant Wii Sports not Play. Play is ok, Sports better.

ChippyMyrrhton Tue 16-Dec-08 16:51:25

how many remotes have you got?
Mariokart is good - 3 small boys are currently racing each other here, but each has own remote & steering wheel

TheGarishlyTwinkleyMadHouse Tue 16-Dec-08 16:53:01

Dilbertina I have bought that for DH everyone for chritmas.

We all love Mariokart, big beach sports, MarioParty.

BouncingTinsel Tue 16-Dec-08 17:06:50

We have Rayman Raving Rabbids - it is ridiculously silly and has a mulitplayer mode.

Mariokart is good too.

WhizzzIngUpAnEggNog Tue 16-Dec-08 17:14:12

We bought Sambi Di Amigo & its good fun BUT frustrating when you think you are holding the controls correctly but doesn't register.

Raving Rabbids is great fun & very silly. Bought the Rabbids TV Party for Xmas which uses the Wii Fit board for more silliness!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now