Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Christmas bags

(8 Posts)
inscotland Sat 01-Nov-08 15:18:15

Can anyone help me find little gift bags for tree presents? Just big enough for a minature of alcohol or a candle or a sweetie that sort of thing.

Thank you!

captainmummy Sat 01-Nov-08 15:22:36

Get a length of wrapping paper, and wrap round a small box, like a box of Paxo of something. Fold over the bottom and glue/tape as if making a present. Slide the Paxo out and there you have.... a brightly coloured little bag for 'stuff'. Punch holes in the top and thread ribbon for handles.

twinsetandpearls Sat 01-Nov-08 15:24:09

what a good idea, thanks captainmummy

mowbraygirl Sat 01-Nov-08 17:03:21

If you have a Poundland nearby they sell a great range of gift bags. The ones to put a bottle in are really good and so much cheaper than other stores.

inscotland Sat 01-Nov-08 17:18:39

That sounds fab captain but I really don't have time for it unfortunately. I have 16 to make!

missblythe Sat 01-Nov-08 18:22:08

Do you have a cooking/kitchen shop near you?

Something liek this would be ideal, no?:

www.lakeland.co.uk/cellophane-bags/F/C/storing-preserving/C/storing-preserving-food-bags/product/120 07

missblythe Sat 01-Nov-08 18:25:14

Meant to add, could loosely wrap the present in coloured tissue if you don't want it to be seen thru the bag.

I think that tied with a ribbon, they would look very chic!

LittleFairySmile Sat 01-Nov-08 23:25:35

How about organza bags, heaps on ebay?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now