Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

If you have Christmas dinner in the evening - what do you have for lunch?

(15 Posts)
OllieWollieWoo Fri 31-Oct-08 15:44:25

We were wondering about eating the turkey etc in the evening on Christmas day this year - but then don't want to have your average rolls/sarnie type lunch - but also woudln't want a heavy lunch that took the edge of turkey and the trimmings!

If you have your Christmas Dinner in the evening, what do you eat for lunch (champagne will obviously be on the go from lunchtime onwards!)

aGalChangedHerName Fri 31-Oct-08 15:45:56

We tend to have a brunch instead. The dc and dh like having bacon or sausage on rolls around 10am/11am then Xmas dinner around 5ish.

Stinkyfeet Fri 31-Oct-08 15:47:59

I would go for brunch as well. Only mine would be a full fry-up at about 10am!

twoluvlykids Fri 31-Oct-08 15:48:01

we usually have xmas dinner at about 5pm, and tend to "graze" on whatever's about - it's only us 4 anyway, so it's very informal.

kids usually eat crisps, mince pies, dh i tend to drink a bit

cremolafoam Fri 31-Oct-08 15:50:04

brunch too

SixSpotBonfire Fri 31-Oct-08 16:01:07

What about really good smoked salmon and brown bread?

Tillyscoutsmum Fri 31-Oct-08 16:03:44

We used to have a cup of tea and biscuits whilst opening pressies in the morning and then a big brunch (full on fry up with black pudding and everything) at around 11.30 ish

Sagtitoldwitch Fri 31-Oct-08 16:04:12

Have breakfast for lunch, bagels, scrambled eggs and smoked salmon. Lunch for tea and turkey butties henceforth

Thankyouandgoodnight Fri 31-Oct-08 20:15:45

How about homemade soup, crusty bread and lovely cheeses, salami, parma ham etc

LolaLadybird Fri 31-Oct-08 22:58:03

We always have Xmas dinner about 5ish - feels so much more festive when it's dark outside and candles are lit. Also, makes more of the day I think as the main event happens later. If you have a large, late-ish breakfast then you don't need lunch. We get fairly full just from picking and have to remember to slow down a couple of hours before dinner's served.

Sazisi Fri 31-Oct-08 23:00:54

we have brunch - eggs florentine. Eat chocolates, biscuits and tangerines inbetween

MrsMattie Sat 01-Nov-08 07:00:12

My mum and stepdad do this. They have a brunch/late breakfast - usually smoked salmon & eggs and champagne, plus a nice fruit salad.

MamaG Sat 01-Nov-08 07:17:23

Yup another late bruncher here - we usuall eat 3/4ish for some reason - at no time of the year do we have a meal at 3pm apart from Christmas day grin

OllieWollieWoo Sat 01-Nov-08 07:21:12

Lovely ideas - we'll go with the bagels, smoked salmon and scrambled eggs combo washed down with a few glasses of champers and enough nibbles and chocolates to justify a post Christmas health kick! Will then do the whole jacket potatoes, soup, cold meats and salads thing for Boxing Day. Thanks everyone!

BBBeeast Sat 01-Nov-08 07:36:29

we do this - 'normal' breakfast - christmas cake at lunchtime and then christmas dinner in the evening.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now