Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Looking for lovely colouring pencils and colouring books

(16 Posts)
covertmission Thu 30-Oct-08 09:30:46

for dd1 (4.5).

I have seen some gorgeous Ferby pencils, but then there are the lovely and (flash back to childhood) Caran D'Ache, in the strokable tin. I'm sure there are other good brands too.

I'm also looking for some colouring books that are a bit different, you know not a My Little Pony or standard 'Giant' coloring book with puppies in.

Would welcome any suggestions. tia

UpJacobscreek Thu 30-Oct-08 09:37:35

GLTC do some really nice ones ,well they did last year .

UpJacobscreek Thu 30-Oct-08 09:40:36

here

foxinsocks Thu 30-Oct-08 09:41:43

these are good but expensive

not sure how well she can colour in - mine were pencil incompetent so didn't use colouring in books for ages but dd loved those

Danae Thu 30-Oct-08 13:24:44

Message withdrawn

Danae Thu 30-Oct-08 13:26:47

Message withdrawn

TskullsScreaming Thu 30-Oct-08 13:35:02

Keep an eye open at Lidls.

I know, cheap and cheerful, but honestly the tins of colouring pencils they do are absolutely lovely. They also do the nicest tins of watercolours.

Stationery and pencils come round fairly regularly I think.

covertmission Thu 30-Oct-08 19:07:40

thanks for the replies ladies. Those Rosie Flo's books look great.

Fillyjonk Thu 30-Oct-08 20:10:49

the anti colouring books and charlie and lola books are also nice. though am sorely tempted by rosie flo...

I am making dd1 a colouring book this year though, by googling for really nice line art and then getting dp to print it off at work on his posh printer on thick paper.

Fillyjonk Thu 30-Oct-08 20:11:52

god actually my kids would LOVE named pencils. they are homeschooled so get little chance to satisfy their need for labeling.

MegBusset Thu 30-Oct-08 20:12:38

I have linked this before, tis lovely.

harpomarx Thu 30-Oct-08 20:39:27

this?

also have fond memories of Caran d'Ache pencils - one of my best presents ever was a big tin of them. Was quite shocked to see how much they are recently though when I wanted to buy some as a present. Also great are the Caran d'Ache Neocolour crayons - again they are expensive but brilliant because the colours are really intense and they are water soluble so you can turn a drawing into a painting. Proper artist's materials but kids love them - the stubs that dd has stolen from me have ended up in dd's art box are her favourite colouring crayons.

HellboundNinkynork Thu 30-Oct-08 20:47:16

I love the Anti-Colouring books and Doodles. Sainsburys have a Christmas one on the shelf atm. I've hardly seen DD all week.

here

I wish I'd kept it as a present but she'd been really good and deserved a treat.

Chamomile Fri 31-Oct-08 09:33:45

This site has lots of geometric /mosaic type books for older children

www.mindware.co.uk/pr/Circle-Art-Illuminations-Colouring-Book/730

florenceuk Fri 31-Oct-08 12:30:33

These pencils are really good - Koh-i-noor pencils here I got a small set in the Tate and was so impressed, I went hunting for a bigger set. The colour flow is really good - much nicer than a cheap set and chunky to fit in the hand.

These crayons are good too but expensive (don't let toddlers grind them down) - you can turn them into paintings with a wet brush water gel crayons

littlelambmakesfour Fri 31-Oct-08 12:34:13

My "The Works" has the Anti colouring book in at the mo for a pound. Great stocking filler.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now