Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Really flummoxed on what to buy for my Baby Annabel hating DD...

(20 Posts)
bootlegger Wed 29-Oct-08 20:52:07

My imaginative nearly 4 year old is very nurturing with her toy animals, but just not interested in toy babies.
That's fine with me, but 'babies' seem to be THE present to give a 4 yr - along with the assorted kit - in what is really quite a limited choice of possible Xmas gifts for girls..

(.. there were some truly terrifying things in Toys r us yesterday- Mutant 5ft talking Dora the Explorer anyone?)

She loves books, painting, arts/crafts, dress up, dough/dolls house/horses, cooking etc.

I'm getting her a small selection of things that cater to those interests - but what did you get your 'baby indifferent' 4 yr old DD for Xmas/Birthday that they absolutely loved?

mynameisluka Wed 29-Oct-08 20:54:22

one of these?

bootlegger Wed 29-Oct-08 21:03:20

Thanks Luka- good choice- although DD was eyeing up the £300 quid fur real pony yesterday! shock
My mum bought her a fur real puppy last year- but this one is much more talented!

singyswife Wed 29-Oct-08 21:06:02

My dd has lucky the wonder pup and she loves him. She is into dollies etc but she is totally animal daft and loves lucky. Dont know if you can google him.

Thankyouandgoodnight Wed 29-Oct-08 21:06:07

Riding lessons??

iheartdusty Wed 29-Oct-08 21:09:36

"quite a limited choice of possible Xmas gifts for girls.."

That made me smile, bootlegger - surely there are no rules about what's 'for' girls?

Some ideas:
easel
puppet theatre - this one converts into a shop
www.woodentoys-uk.co.uk/puppets-theatres.html
real mini cooking set, apron and recipe book to do with you

sylvanian families - dolls house/ animals in one

a vet set
big rocking horse

Leda Wed 29-Oct-08 21:10:00

My 4 year old daughter loves Playmobil.

Sylvanian Families?
A scooter?
Boardgames?
Puzzles?

iheartdusty Wed 29-Oct-08 21:10:35

sorry link is here

Sexonlegs Wed 29-Oct-08 21:14:41

My dd who is now 5 grew out of dolls by 4. We bought her a Barbie Laptop- sounds naff, but it has been really helpful in her learning to count and to spell words etc. as there are several games focusing on this. She still uses it a year on. Bought it from the internet - possibly an ebay shop.

iheartdusty Wed 29-Oct-08 21:15:17

also marble run

a big box full of craft materials, glitter, feathers, felt, etc

bike, scooter as suggested above, roller skates,

antworld, worm world, binoculars, magnifying glass, bug collector kit

noonki Wed 29-Oct-08 21:18:37

Maybe think out side the 'girl' presents as a kid I was very nuturing but hated dolls - My favourite toys included a toy dog, a train set,and a garage.

bootlegger Wed 29-Oct-08 21:22:15

iheart dusty- I totally agree. Still think boys are easier to buy fot than girls though - there's such a surplus of pink glittery plastic!
Great suggestions and she has them all apart from the big rocking horse (she doesn't play with the sylvanians much- tho my mum is ever hopeful as she LOVES them)

I've bought DD a really lovely cooking set from verbaudet (sp?) and a cookbook but I'm really tempted by the rocking horse - bit too expensive though.

singyswife Wed 29-Oct-08 21:23:56

My dd2 (5) has only recently started being 'girly' and last year she got a car garage and an aeroplane (and a blue bike) for xmas. There is nothing to say that she needs girl toys.

luckylady74 Wed 29-Oct-08 21:27:32

My nearly 4 yr old dd loves the playmobil playground set and her dog in a carry case from Asda. She is getting the elc farm set for xmas and some walkie talkies.

iheartdusty Wed 29-Oct-08 21:29:30

surplus of pink glittery plastic - yes indeed.

rocking horses on ebay? eg

ramonaquimby Wed 29-Oct-08 21:29:52

what about a cash register?

frisbyrat Wed 29-Oct-08 21:35:36

This, this and some of these.

bootlegger Wed 29-Oct-08 21:40:37

These are all great - keep em coming.

dusty- o lord the ebay rocking horses! I have been there and I will probably be back - but I'm shamefully drawn to '£500 quid bespoke zebras'- although I know my daughter would love a furry one so will try again

Thankyouandgoodnight Wed 29-Oct-08 21:55:17

How about a skateboard?

sweetkitty Wed 29-Oct-08 21:58:11

I agree theres no such thing as for girls, my nearly 3yo DD2 is getting a Hulk for Christmas.

What about a nice dolls house?

toy kitchen and all the tat that goes with it
toy shop

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now