Talk

Advanced search

Would you trade in your mobile to buy a wii?

(4 Posts)
KittyFloss Sun 26-Oct-08 22:31:19

Because I really can't decide what to do. We should be ok to get reasonable presents for the dc's (not mega expensive). But I have discovered I can get £160 in argos vouchers for my mobile, which would pay for a wii (for dd and as a family present really).

Also dd is a bit of a computer/game addict, she's never really been one to play with toys, we've spent hundreds over the years on toys that get ignored or lost or broken. Do we just go with this and accept how she is, or try to encourage toys on her (I was going to get her a bit of playmobil and a few other things regardless).

MuAHAHAHAHAHmi Mon 27-Oct-08 00:20:03

Hell yeah. I would use an old brick-style mobile if it meant I could have a Wii at home grin

FAQ Mon 27-Oct-08 00:23:11

yes I would - my DS1 (8) is a game addict, he does play with some of his other toys, and has a good imagination (but tends to play "without" toys - iykwim). I've figured that's just the way he is. He still enjoys going to the park and running around etc, but at home it's his PS2 (and soon to be Wii at Christmas grin) that is his main focus (although he's currently on a month's ban on it, and usually only plays for a couple of hours Sat and Sunday afernoons). He's always been like it.

DS2 is totally non-plussed - he'll take it or leave it depending on his mood.

inscotland Mon 27-Oct-08 11:35:21

If you have a look at mobile upgrades many of them give you a wii as a gift. This might help?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now