Talk

Advanced search

OMG MY DS 8 HAS JUST TOLD ME THAT F/C IS NOT REAL

(12 Posts)
kee27 Sun 26-Oct-08 12:39:36

sad i told him that he will not get many pressis every time he says tht hahahahahahah so he told me that he knows its me and dh .

kee27 Sun 26-Oct-08 12:42:14

i think ill just have to sit down him down and tell him to kep it to him self as i dont want dd 4 and ds1 he is not real

MrsWeasleyIsTheCrazyHatLady Sun 26-Oct-08 12:47:11

my DD did this with the tooth fairy and the next time a tooth fell out the tooth fairy didnt come. She soon changed her tune and even wrote a sorry note to the TF.

I also made a point of watching Peter Pan and we both cried when they say the bit about every time some says fairies arent real one dies! blush grin

Bit harder with FC grin

mumto2andnomore Sun 26-Oct-08 15:10:06

i wouldnt admit it, at 8 you should still have a good couple of years of him believing, tell him not to be daft of course he is real !

UnfortunatelyMurderedMe Sun 26-Oct-08 15:12:40

I said to dds that the children who dont believe dont get Santa delivering pressies, mums and dads have to do it. But if you do believe then OF COURSE Santa comes to you.
Some talcy foot prints on the stairs may be in ordergrin

childrenofthecornsilk Sun 26-Oct-08 15:12:53

Yes tell him he's wrong. I managed to string ds1 out for 2 years after he caught me wrapping the pressies one year!

CatMandu Sun 26-Oct-08 15:14:01

DD1 (9) found out in the last few months and this will be her first christmas since she has known. Yesterday we were alone and talking about christmas and she said that she felt cross that we'd be lying to her all these years. We talked about the magical nature of it all etc, but she's adamant that she would rather have known. So, I'd let it be your secret, I also have two younger and Dd is sworn to secrecy and is enjoying the grown-upness (made up word!) of it all.

Leslaki Sun 26-Oct-08 15:26:10

Make him watch Miracle on 34th St!

childrenofthecornsilk Sun 26-Oct-08 15:28:42

yes - or the Polar Express.

kiltycoldbum Sun 26-Oct-08 15:30:56

stop believing stop receiving!

Romy7 Sun 26-Oct-08 15:39:37

ds1 told me that last year at 5, from the back of the car where he'd obviously been pondering in silence. fortunately i managed to sideswipe the conversation as dd1 and dd2 were in the car too. however clever-dick ds is, i'd like the girls to carry on as long as poss! dd1 is 9 in jan and still hook line and sinker so far, despite ds1's best efforts. logical chap.
ds1 is a toe rag. hope you get away with it for another year x

kee27 Sun 26-Oct-08 20:02:58

owwww thanks every one was offline well when i asked him who told him that he said a friend at school . so i told him to not listen to him as he will not get any thing at christmas . and will be sad hahahahahahahaha grin so i put polar exspress on hehehe . and made him watch it with his sister . and i told him if he dont belive when he wakes christmas morning . he will wake to nothing lol [bad mum ] smile and his sister and brother will have loads . so i think i have changed his mind . thank god as i think .when they dont belive it takes the magic out of christmas .well imo any way but thanks every one

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now