Talk

Advanced search

Do you think this would be okay?

(4 Posts)
nolongeraworriedmummy Wed 22-Oct-08 19:40:20

A friends dd has asked for one of those mini laptops. She loves playing on the computer and it would be okay for homework and things.

However her mum cannot afford it at the moment but knows they will be reduced massively in the boxing day sales to a price she can afford as they were last year and with the added extra of Christmas money from relatives etc.

She knows I post on mumsnet as she often lurks so she wanted to know what you think, Do you think its acceptable to give a token present and a stocking on xmas day with the understanding that she will take dd on boxing day to chose one together?

morethanyoubargainfor Wed 22-Oct-08 19:43:37

Yes, that is exactly what we are doing with our DS this year. We are doing a stocking for him and then giving him the money to the amount we would normally spend, and taking him shoipping in the sales to chose things he wants. He loves recieving money and going shopping, so it seemed the perfect solutioon for us and he is very excited about doing it this way this year.

I don't see a problem with it to be honest.

Eddas Wed 22-Oct-08 19:53:13

If she's old enough to understand(the child that is) then yep that's absolutely fine IMO.

mckenzie Wed 22-Oct-08 19:58:24

if she is old enough to understand the difference between a main (ie expensive) present and a token present then she is old enough to wait until boxing day I would say. And if she is too young to understand the concept of waiting so that you can have something bought for you in the sales then she is probably also young enough to dupe with a small present and then the big thing is suddenly discovered under the tree the next day where it must have been over looked.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now