Talk

Advanced search

Personalised gifts for the grandparents....

(11 Posts)
Haylo Mon 20-Oct-08 14:58:34

l want to buy some personalised gifts using photos of my DCs for my DPs this year. My father is seriously ill and l have been racking my brains for something he may appreciate this xmas (other than spending time with us) l thought a wash bag personalised with the DCs photo (have yet to take the said photo). Then as needs be he can take it with him when he needs to be in hosptial for treatment. And l thought for my mum the keen baker a personalised kitchen apron. What do you think naff or not ..? and any recommendations for web sites, l have seem most with both articles priced at around £35 each which seems a bit pricey and with P&P on top !!

zippitippitoes Mon 20-Oct-08 15:01:12

they sound expensive

i am a grandma but not elderly enough to want this kind of thing

so cant really comment on the kind of gift, apart from i think you could probably get something similar for less ££££

catgirl Mon 20-Oct-08 15:05:37

I got a personalised wash bag the other year - from John Lewis - about £30 each I think. Think Snappysnaps also do stuff like this too. The grandparents liked them.

bluesky Mon 20-Oct-08 15:49:21

nice ideas. I use snapfish.co.uk to get personalised things or snappysnaps.

more Mon 20-Oct-08 16:08:07

How about a digi frame (easy to bring with him and easy to update with new pictures). Is it called a digi frame, I can't remember. Anyway they sell them in Asda at the moment for £35, which I find quite cheap.

crokky Mon 20-Oct-08 16:10:29

you can get a shopping/tote sort of bag with piccy on - MIL was thrilled with hers and usus it all the time. can't remember where from, was a catalogue

Haylo Mon 20-Oct-08 16:45:25

thankyou - checked snap fish they don't do any hand bags or wash bags. l saw the £35 digi frame in asda the other day, need to check the pixel resolution thingy to see if quality is ok or pants, but good idea thanks.

Eddas Mon 20-Oct-08 17:06:02

i've seen personalised chopping boards, or they may have been worktop savers(the glass things) not sure, but they sound like maybe the sort of thing your mum'd like. Also they do personalised table mats and coasters. I thinkthey can pretty much personalise/photo evreything now grin

if your dc are old enough they could draw a picture and have that made into a coaster/worktopsaver instead of a photo. dd/ds's nursery did this recenly and I nearly bought dd's bt I really don't need it. I was a bithmm about ds' though since he's 18m old and clearly didn't draw the flower by himselfhmm]grin

bobsyouruncle Mon 20-Oct-08 17:10:24

I got mugs with my dc's pics on for their grandparents last christmas.

bluesky Mon 20-Oct-08 17:36:31

there are bags on photobox, which you can get 10% off if you go through the Mumsnet discount shopping link!

apieceofmum Thu 06-Nov-14 14:21:25

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now