Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Definitive stocking filler list for those who don't want loads of stuff lying around af

(25 Posts)
nymphadora Mon 20-Oct-08 14:20:13

please.

DP

dvd/cd
beer
????

dd1 (9)

cd
dvd
???

dd2 (7)
dvd
????

see my problem blush
ideas people pleeeeease!

Cheeseandseveredfingersarnie Mon 20-Oct-08 14:21:54

ive got dc a pretty knife/fork/spoon set each to go in stocking
a bath toy
snap cards(french for dd,telling time for ds1 and pirates for ds2)

angrypixie Mon 20-Oct-08 14:32:09

Disposable camera for dc

nymphadora Mon 20-Oct-08 19:02:45

oh dd2
Top trumps

Camera is good idea

CountessDracula Mon 20-Oct-08 19:03:34

knickers
socks
etc

CatMandu Mon 20-Oct-08 19:04:33

Lush bath bombs?

Someone on here suggested mini cereal boxes a while ago, I liked that one as my poor dc's are never allowed coco pops, so that's an idea I'm steeling.

purpleturtle Mon 20-Oct-08 19:05:54

mine usually get a toothbrush.

pencils, and other stationery bits and bobs.

CherryChapstick Mon 20-Oct-08 19:06:00

Pack including cookie mix and cutters.
Lucky bag.
Puzzle book.

PandaG Mon 20-Oct-08 19:07:17

tesco had adult mini cereals in the other day - am hoping DH puts some of those in my stocking!

otherwise - new felt tips pens/crayons, choc coins, bubble bath, toothbrush, knickers, socks - either edible or useful I think, and the odd gimmick for fun.

katz Mon 20-Oct-08 19:11:14

PandaG - that reminds me of the stockings we had as children, we always had a box of our favourite cerals in or a multipack! must do that for the dd's this year!

R2G Mon 20-Oct-08 19:14:21

I make personalised chocolate wrapped bars. Christmas bars are £2.50 (free postage and packing). They can say 'Merry Christmas DC' love from 'Santa' or mum and dad or whatever you want them to say really!
personalisedchocolate@yahoo.co.uk

Eddas Mon 20-Oct-08 19:15:28

loving the knife/fork/spoon set idea! DS will nedd one at some point so have put that on my list for himgrin

Erm, other ideas

Bubble bath/gem stones/snow globe/dream catcher/slidy puzzle/book and pen set/diary/stickers

obv for dc. oh and some chocolate!

mamadiva Mon 20-Oct-08 19:16:19

DS(2.5YO) - Variety pack cereal
Colouring book
Crayons
Matchbox car
Bubbles

onepieceoflollipop Mon 20-Oct-08 19:18:08

Toiletries that they will need anyway but versions they really want (disney princess tissues, toothbrushes etc in our case)

For dp (this is a bit boring) go to TKMAXX if you have one - branded boxers and socks etc are bargain prices. Nice snacks that he might like - nuts/chocs/bottle of wine??

PsychoAxeMurdererMum Mon 20-Oct-08 19:25:37

I put into mine (for all 5, ages 6 - 14)

toothbrush and toothpaste
new flannel/sponge/squeezy bath thingy
pot of bubbles (blowing bubbles)
tub of matey bubbe bath (I always hankered after matey bubble bath as a childgrin)
tube of sweets
dvd
cd
comic or sticker album with several packs of stickers
top trumps
new book

janeite Mon 20-Oct-08 19:26:36

R2G - it needs to go in advertising.

Toothbrushes and paste

Flannels

Tubs of 100s and 1000s etc for cake making; pretty bun cases and such

Socks - eg dd1 gets mad emo-ish ones when for the rest of the year she'd have M&S value ones

For teenagers - shampoo, hair straightener spray, nail varnish remover etc

For dp - I'm going to get him some of those Dorset Cereals mini boxes; a jar of Garners pickled onions; posh cheese biscuits etc - and socks, always socks!

Gobbledigook Mon 20-Oct-08 19:27:46

I'm nicking the mini coco pops idea too as I don't buy them either!

GrapefruitMoon Mon 20-Oct-08 19:28:33

Today I got Christmas aprons (£2 in Wilkinsons) - so they can help me cook the Christmas dinner (hang on, maybe not a good idea..) and a kit to make a glove puppet, 50p from Wilkinsons too.

Will be doing bath bombs, chocolate coins, socks & pens as well. Oh and I got a giant dice at the weekend.

combustiblepumpkin Mon 20-Oct-08 19:37:07

I put a single (unique) tree decoration into each stocking so that they can be added to the tree on Christmas morning. This year I think I might get one of these and one of these. They get packed away with the Christmas stuff in January, and added to each year.

Rolacola Mon 20-Oct-08 19:39:36

Here's a thread I've been watching. It might help.

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/christmas_08/620367-what-is-your-one-unusual-stocking-filler-that-others-maybe

expatinscotland Mon 20-Oct-08 19:42:58

DH - food yummies (choccies, couple of wee bottles of whisky), can of Lynx and Lynx shower gel, mug for soup at work.

Girls - choccies, homemade biccies, glow in the dark necklaces and bracelets, Alberto Balsam scented shampoos and conditioners, glow in the dark stars for their room, Love's Baby Soft (for DD1), lip glosses and eyeshadows for dress up.

mumeeee Tue 21-Oct-08 10:00:49

You could get some nice toiletris and underwear for your DD,

JulesJules Tue 21-Oct-08 10:16:48

DDs - satsuma in the toe, chocolate coins, big tube of PINK Smarties (Sainsbugs on special offer atm), a book, a DVD, stickers and a notebook, bathbomb from Lush, mini bottle of bubble bath, blowing bubbles, sparkly tights or socks, a Christmas tree dec, a disposable camera, hair bobbles/ slides, Russian doll.

DH - socks! pants! alcohol - miniatures, small box of posh chocs, foodie things like Patum Peperium, black squid ink pasta, small bottle of truffle oil, anchovies, posh tin of tuna, book, cd, dvd, shaving cream from Lush.

nymphadora Tue 21-Oct-08 17:39:12

Thanks some great ideas here. Just remembered we get matey too & socks, my mind is really blank this year so this is really helping!

Pumpkin20 Mon 27-Oct-08 18:44:13

My tried and trusted present list for stockings and birthday baskets, which works for all ages, is as follows:

Something to read
Something to listen to
Something to watch
Something to eat
Something to wear
Something useful
Something funny
Something that smells nice (or makes you smell nice)

and for girls (of all ages)

Something sparkly

Works for all budgets and all sizes of stocking/basket

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now