Talk

Advanced search

Nintendo D.S games-which games can you reccomend for 5 year old girl?

(10 Posts)
ash6605 Mon 20-Oct-08 13:00:08

DD age 5 got a D.S for her birthday this year.She has a very poor concentration span and is fairly 'behind'at school with her reading and writing,mainly due to glue ear.
At the moment she plays Cooking Mama,it keeps her occupied for a good half hour at a time which is VERY rare for her so I'm after games which are similar,but preferably eduational aswell.

I've noticed a one called 'I did it Mum' does anyone know if it's any good?also any other reccomendations greatly appreciated.

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Mon 20-Oct-08 13:01:53

dd1 is five and she also loves cooking mama. Imagine babies is another one she likes but sadly tis not educational.

she adores Dora pc games though and they are very education. La Casa de Dora is her favourite.

Housemum Mon 20-Oct-08 13:11:24

I Did It Mum is good - DD3 is 5, she loves this - you can play dress-the-dolly, colouring, simple jigsaw puzzles - not too hard, will keep her occupied with minimal supervision. (I use on train journeys so can read a book!)

She also has Build-a-Bear which needs more help as to get some of the outfits you have to complete challenges - not too sure how this will pan out a she hasn't had it long.

Crayola Colour Adventures is good - you can just colour pictures using the stylus, and can unlock more pictures and more colours to choose by playing games - join-the-dots and colouring within a time limit.

I think there's a new maths one for younger kids due out soon called Make 10 or something like that?

Surprised Nintendo haven't made more games for lower age range to try to steal the market from Leapster and Vtech.

ash6605 Tue 21-Oct-08 16:48:17

Ok thanks,will defo get her the I did it Mum game.I've been looking at the Imagine ones today and am thinking the baby one or fashion designer is just her thing.

It is hard getting ones for her age,although most are 3+ you need to be able to read instructions on the screen sometimes.

mysteryfairy Tue 21-Oct-08 20:08:50

My DD got a DS for xmas last year when she was 5. She liked (and still does) Mario Kart - not much reading, Nintendogs (although getting the first dog to answer to its name was painful) and purr pals.

Also she really liked cooking mama - if you can bear it there is a cooking mama 2 which she's also played with loads.

misdee Tue 21-Oct-08 20:09:41

dd2 adores nintendogs.

ash6605 Tue 21-Oct-08 20:26:59

Yes,it is actually Cooking Mama 2 that she has,is the first one much different then as I could get her that?
She didn't have the patience for Nintendogs,I really thought she'd love it but got sick of the name calling thing and gave up unfortunately.

clayrethechildslayre Tue 21-Oct-08 20:30:32

my dd 5.8 has 'i did it mum' and shes very bored of it, she can do all the activities as can my 3 year old ds.

ash6605 Tue 21-Oct-08 21:25:13

Oh dear that doesn't sound good! Maybe I am asking the impossible trying to find a game that will keep her occupied without boring her but not so challenging that she loses patience?!

mysteryfairy Wed 22-Oct-08 18:26:07

Cooking Mama 2 is according to my DD better than the first one so I'm not sure if going backwards would work. DD's first dog was trained by DS1 (aged 13) and after that she seemed to get going.

Mario Kart is definitely worth considering as a simple but fun game.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now