Talk

Advanced search

Christmas Fete coming up... how much to charge for some things

(9 Posts)
bythepowerofgreyskull Sun 19-Oct-08 11:22:48

little christmas bag of 10 home made chocolates.
gingham stocking garland on twine
fabric tree decorations. (about 7cmx7cm)

thanks

just trying to make sure don't over/underprice things but also want to break even at least!

bythepowerofgreyskull Sun 19-Oct-08 14:43:13

smile

cherryliquormonster Sun 19-Oct-08 14:45:31

i dunno love. never done one. prob about £1 for the tree decorations. how big are the garlands? chocs could go for about a pound or £1.50 maybe.

bythepowerofgreyskull Sun 19-Oct-08 14:47:18

thanks Cherry.. garlands have 15 stockings on them.

Spidermama Sun 19-Oct-08 14:48:06

Difficult to say without seeing it. I think ten home made chocs is a lot to put in so would suggest you put in five and charge £1 or £1.50.

Sounds lovely btw. People don't like to pay much at these school events IME especially in the current climate.

bythepowerofgreyskull Sun 19-Oct-08 15:09:24

shock wow if I could get away with only putting five or six chocolates in the bag that would be great. (money going to Preschool fund)

If i charged £4-5 for the garland do you think that sounds too much?

cherryliquormonster Sun 19-Oct-08 16:47:48

£4-5 sounds great as it sounds like it is quite big. have you thought of raffling the garlands?if you charge 25p per ticket you could probably make more than if you sell it how it is.

have you got some pics so we can admire them and then judge for prices smile

Agree that just doing 5 chocs and charging £1.50 is a better idea. Would be a good gift for people to buy for teacher/helper/neighbour/distant aunt. Think if you put in 10 chocs, you should charge more and therefore don't think people would buy them.

sunnygirl1412 Mon 20-Oct-08 15:15:47

Spidermama - you are very right about people not wanting to spend much at school events - and it's not just during the current credit crunch either, I'm afraid.

My friend and I spent a month or more one year hand making beaded wire decorations in heart and star shapes. She provided all the beads and the fine wire, and some Swarowski crystals too, and we both covered our fingers in little holes from the wires, making about 70 beautiful and unique decorations.

We priced them between £1 and £2.50 - the majority were between £1 and £1.50, with only the ones that had a Swarowski crystal going up to £2.50. To be honest, I think they were cheap at those prices - they'd have been far more expensive at a craft fair, imo - especially the ones my friend made, because she is a truly skilled and artistic person.

On the day, only a handful sold, because people seemed to think that items at a school christmas bazaar should cost next to nothing even if they are handmade and cost far more than that to make! We felt it was a really cheapskate attitude

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now