Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

'Feeding' a frozen Christmas cake

(7 Posts)
Suedonim Sat 18-Oct-08 18:05:10

I have a Christmas cake from a couple of years ago in the freezer. I want to eat it this year but am not sure how to go about feeding it. An added compliaction is that I could feed it this week but will be away until early Dec so won't be able to feed it again until then.

So, do I try and skewer some holes in the frozen cake and hope the liquid goes in? Or should I defrost now, give it one feed then do it again in Dec? Or should I leave it in the freezer until Dec and do the feeding then? Once it's defrosted, how long will it keep for?

ChippyMinton Sat 18-Oct-08 18:16:15

Did you feed it before it was frozen?
I think I'd defrost, feed once, ice it a day later then eat it.

Surely the alcohol won't go into a frozen cake?

Suedonim Sat 18-Oct-08 18:28:53

No, I didn't feed it beforehand. Do you reckon it will only last a few days, then, once it's defrosted? I couldn't see how it could get into the frozen cake, either, lol!

ADragonIs4LifeNotJustHalloween Sat 18-Oct-08 18:30:14

You probably didn't need to freeze it. Doesn't fruit cake last virtually forever?

PandorasBox Sat 18-Oct-08 18:30:49

defrost it and then feed it - they are indestructable.

ChippyMinton Sat 18-Oct-08 18:32:01

It'll probably be fine - but I assumed it wasn't going to hang around grin

Suedonim Sat 18-Oct-08 19:03:43

I must admit, I don't really know why I froze it, never having done so before and no one ever departing this life due to fruit cake poisoning, afaik! I am making more caakes anyway so I'll defrost it and hope for the best.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now