Talk

Advanced search

what do you think of these outdoor decorations?

(26 Posts)
nappyaddict Fri 17-Oct-08 14:54:38

sleigh

snowman

snowflake

star

lantern

merry xmas

DevilishDisasterArea Fri 17-Oct-08 14:55:46

revolting.
but each to his own

MorticiaAnnSpookington Fri 17-Oct-08 14:55:46

um, I prefer an understated plain string of lights indoors I'm afraid

MorticiaAnnSpookington Fri 17-Oct-08 14:56:20

though I do like looking at everyone else's outdoor decorations !

gingerninja Fri 17-Oct-08 14:57:44

I love em. Would never have anything like them on my house but appreciate 100 percent the people that drain the national grid for the few weeks over Christmas. It's fun and I'm really glad people do it, makes me feel like a kid again.

cocoleBOO Fri 17-Oct-08 14:58:24

Nice, but it's the tackier the better round our way, so my advise might not be appreciated grin

RedOnHerBeheadedHead Fri 17-Oct-08 14:59:35

Naff!
especially the snowman, looks like something they desperately sell on price-drop!
Outside decorations make me cringe, plus, think of all the extra electricity you will be wasting.

sitdownpleasegeorge Fri 17-Oct-08 15:03:08

Earth to nappyaddict.....

Have you heard of the credit crunch and the massive hikes in energy prices this autumn ?

nappyaddict Fri 17-Oct-08 15:06:56

thought they might be nice for ds blush we've never had any before

how about this instead then?

nappyaddict Fri 17-Oct-08 15:08:33

or this snowman?

cocoleBOO Fri 17-Oct-08 15:09:13

They're actually a bit dear, go to woolies or b and q.

pumpkinscantdancethetango Fri 17-Oct-08 15:09:14

I cant wait to see my new street at xmas, i can just tell its going to have a million flashy things everywhere.

nappyaddict Fri 17-Oct-08 15:18:49

oops meant this one for merry christmas

sitdownpleasegeorge Fri 17-Oct-08 15:26:42

See you on the need to save money/budget/cut costs threads in January, that's what I think.

nappyaddict Fri 17-Oct-08 15:32:44

i already budget as much as i can which means i have saved up quite a bit of money to make christmas special.

JackieNoHeadJustABloodyStump Fri 17-Oct-08 15:37:25

I like the star, and the snowflake, quite like the sleigh, and love the spirally thing. Not desperately keen on the others. We never get round to doing any external lights, but I love seeing everyone else's. Go for it, if you've saved up for it - imagine your DS's face when he sees them grin. Fab.

traceybath Fri 17-Oct-08 15:38:43

i like the icicle ones you see on some people's houses in white.

I'm also hankering after a reindeer (white) to go in my garden this year. We're very rural and see deer all the time and thought it would be sweet.

If you can afford it and you want to do it then i'm all for it

traceybath Fri 17-Oct-08 15:39:28

Am also presuming you were only thinking of a couple and aren't going to be featured on local news with your outdoors decorations wink

combustiblelemon Fri 17-Oct-08 15:41:49

I like the snowflakes. Have you got enough indoor lights? The fibre-optic trees and twinkling tree lights tend to go down well with little ones.

gingerninja Fri 17-Oct-08 15:48:53

Don't let people put you off Nappyaddict, your DS will love them so will people, like me, who love outdoor lights at Christmas.

RedOnHerBeheadedHead Fri 17-Oct-08 16:33:45

They just make me think of a rough council estate around here, where most are unemployed, yet they always seem to be down the pub, smoking and providing santa with a well-lit landing strip at christmas!

DorisIsAPinkDragon Fri 17-Oct-08 16:47:50

Personally I can not see the point, I remember having much more fun trying to spot christmas trees in peoples houses...... yes I was really always nosygrin

All I can say is if you must have them bearing in mind wasted electricity/ carbon footprint/ plastic tat arguements...... Please, please, please, pleeeeeeeease, take them down after christmas and don't make them into an all year feature!!!! [wink

ShosheTheGhoshe Fri 17-Oct-08 17:08:41

God our house lloks like Blackpool Illuminations, from the 1st of December grin

But it is for the Kids, I am a CM, but this will be the last year we do it, as I am retiring next year, and will get rid of all the decs.

DuffyMoon Fri 17-Oct-08 17:16:08

I decorate the outside of ours.....I know its sad but it makes the house look so pretty......I say its for the kids but it isnt really......blush

jazzandh Fri 17-Oct-08 21:06:44

christmas tree this is quite tasteful and effective.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: