Talk

Advanced search

Anyone getting / already bought their DC a Nintendo DS for Christmas?

(19 Posts)
Tidey Wed 15-Oct-08 19:17:02

Did you find a good deal on one, and if so where? DS wants a blue one. The only sites I've found that are any less than £100 are ones I've never heard of and I'm not sure whether to trust them.

reban Wed 15-Oct-08 19:56:39

We bought one a month of so ago from a shop called Game, which does have an online site. Got the DS and two free decent games for £110 was the best deal we could find at the time.

threetinytots Wed 15-Oct-08 20:36:46

Game are very good and have heard that they are doing some reconditioned NDS's, that will obviously be cheaper. We bought our Wii from Game and it was reconditioned. It was still covered by a 12 month warranty and is perfect. Have you tried play.com, or gadgetasia? I haven't used gadgetasia but they are meant to be quite good.

herbietea Wed 15-Oct-08 20:40:45

Message withdrawn

forevercleaning Wed 15-Oct-08 20:43:09

got mine from woolies last friday on offer for 89.99

forevercleaning Wed 15-Oct-08 20:44:06

had to buy it quick because it had to be the green one!

KerryMumchingOnEyeballs Wed 15-Oct-08 20:44:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Lilyloo Wed 15-Oct-08 20:46:20

I got ds last year from woolworths. Keep an eye on HUKD often the best up to date deals are on there!

Tidey Wed 15-Oct-08 20:50:15

Thanks very much everyone, I will check all of those out.

Sidge Wed 15-Oct-08 20:50:46

We have bought DD1 a DS Lite recently to put away for her birthday - we got a good deal in Toys R Us. Console, travel bag, accessories and 3 decent games for £129.99

LunarSea Thu 16-Oct-08 10:09:39

If you know anyone who's going across to the US soon, and could bring one back for you, they're a lot cheaper there.

PonderingThoughts Thu 16-Oct-08 10:14:15

Tidley - have you tried Ebay?

saythatagain Thu 16-Oct-08 10:21:08

We've got dd (4.5) one for Xmas; from Amazon along with a box of accessories, which came to £111ish. Very pleased with it.

HappyMummyOfOne Thu 16-Oct-08 11:09:58

Had mine from Tesco as only wanted the console and nothing else and they worked out the cheapest - DS has the original version and wanted a lite to be the same as his older cousin.

Will pop his old one on ebay just before xmas and that way the upgrade wont have cost that much.

Game are usually the best if after a bundle as they are good for package deals.

Corriewatcher Thu 16-Oct-08 12:00:58

Just a quick word of warning about getting one from the States, as I investigated it myself last month. For some reason, the DS Lite US version only operates on 100-110v, whereas we are on 220-240v. So you can't recharge the machine by simply plugging into a UK plug socket, unless you spend extra money and hassle on a voltage transformer (plus change the plug). You can however recharge them via your computer or via the cigarette lighter in your car.

So there are ways around it, but it involves hassle. I decided not to bother in the end and bought one in Tesco's.

murphyslaw Thu 16-Oct-08 12:46:46

got mine a month ago (black) from HMV £110 with a game

MrLSG Thu 16-Oct-08 12:54:25

It's only the charger that is different on the US version: the actual DS itself is the same - albeit in a wider variety of colours. A UK charger costs under a tenner.

bigTillyMint Thu 16-Oct-08 14:29:24

Don't buy from a site that you have never heard of!

A friend of ours got his DD one and only discovered on the afternoon of Christmas Eve that it was a fake and didn't work at allshock

Tidey Thu 16-Oct-08 23:49:36

Thanks for that bigTillyMint, I have found a few sites selling them that I had never heard of before. They did seem unfeasibly cheap, I won't risk them just in case.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: