i always struggle with their presents

PonderingThoughts Tue 14-Oct-08 14:17:51

Scarf & gloves

Subscription to a magazine

Book or 'talking books' (CD)

DVD box set of their favourite sitcom

Perfume/Aftershave

Calendar/Diary/Address Book

Anything from Kleeneze/Disability shops that would make their everyday living any easier

erm...

PonderingThoughts Tue 14-Oct-08 14:27:32

Plants or Bird feeder/Bird bath or ornaments for the garden

Warm Blanket/throw for the lounge

Slippers

Voucher for a meal/lunch out

erm.....

jumpingbeans Tue 14-Oct-08 14:29:31

We want perfume, and slinky nighties, we don't want talking books and bloody bird feeders

wuzzlefraggle Tue 14-Oct-08 14:42:24

when I buy for my grandparents, I always go for the following:

Dvds,
Scarves/Gloves
Necklace/Broach/cuff links (gender appropriate lol)
Smellies, Chocolates and Booze
Slippers
Books / Diaries
Personalised things (like posh pen)

That type of thing...I have brain drain at the mo so am having trouble thinking lol.

oh, this year I have favour boxes in the shape of Xmas crackers that I will be filling with a wine glass charm in for everyone (these will be placed at the dinner table). Sorry, that last bit was random and a little off topic I know....

grin

Guitargirl Tue 14-Oct-08 18:03:33

My Gran is 87 and this year am getting her Fortnum and Mason goodies, have done the edible thing for the last few years to be honest, alternating between F&M and Harvey Nicks, something she would never get for herself and as she has everything she needs and in any case has quite unpredictable(!) taste in clothes, etc. I find it safer to stick to food/drink.

dizzywitches Tue 14-Oct-08 18:05:19

what about a digital photo frame that you can fill with photos of all their nearest and dearest?!

Nbg Tue 14-Oct-08 18:43:06

Presents that have gone down well with dh's grandma are a magazine subscription, chocolates, biscuits and scented things like pot pouroui.

This year we've got her a photobook.

london11 Tue 14-Oct-08 19:22:34

I am doing hampers for our two 80 year gran's. Am thinking mini xmas pud, small wine, hand cream, flower seeds, small chocs, photo of children, keyring or magnet, small notebook or pen, writing paper, tights or hankies maybe.

Last year we bought my gran a voucher for 6 months swimming as she goes every week. In the past we have bought her hairdressers voucher.

chuffinell Wed 15-Oct-08 09:39:27

thanks for all these ideas

they are all in rude health thank goodness so disability stuff may not go down well but thank you everyone for suggestions

i am liking the meal vouchers and hampers

sorry jumpingbean didnt mean any offense - slinky nighties made me smile grin

chuffinell Mon 20-Oct-08 14:23:03

update: (i have changed my name too)

i am getting them tickets for riverdance or lord of the dance

owzat?

Bramshott Mon 20-Oct-08 14:23:44

M & S hamper-type gifts

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: