Talk

Advanced search

Gifts that toddlers can make?

(10 Posts)
Smithagain Sun 12-Oct-08 22:34:51

Anyone got any great ideas for really ultra-simple home-made gifts such as a two to four year old could make?

I run a messy play group for toddlers and am planning activities for the rest of this term. I'd like to have a gift-making session

Last year we stuck stickers on glass candle holders and they looked fab, but I can't do exactly the same thing again! Have thought of calendars with some sort of picture and a calendar tab, or maybe little gift boxes with shiny stuff stuck to them. But neither seems all that inspiring!

liath Sun 12-Oct-08 22:37:52

Christmas crackers? I'm going to get my 3 year old to make some for family members. Decorated photo frames?

jammydodger Sun 12-Oct-08 22:39:17

Get cheap wooden photo frames from IKEA (20p each I think) and decorate with felt shapes, glitter, etc etc..kids can give to relatives with a photo of themselves inside.

jammydodger Sun 12-Oct-08 22:39:36

oh X post!

whomovedmychocolate Sun 12-Oct-08 22:39:59

some good easy things here

BoysAreLikeZombies Sun 12-Oct-08 22:43:46

this website is a fantastic resource

Also baker ross sell loads of craty type stuff.

HTH

Weegle Mon 13-Oct-08 13:30:22

following on from BoysAreLikeZombies - DS (2.4) has just decorated 4 mugs for grandparents and aunts from BakerRoss. He did handprints on some and scribbles on others - then I wrote down the arm "Granny's Mug" or whatever - they look great. Also from BR got the bauble cards and let DS loose with the glitter glue and some glittery Christmas stickers.

brookeslay Mon 13-Oct-08 13:39:20

www.stbonifacestudios.co.uk/pews/Christmas%202006/page24to33.pdf

nice ideas here might nick some myself grin

HappyMummyOfOne Thu 16-Oct-08 11:11:56

Handprints with that great handprint poem make lovely calenders and easy for toddlers to do.

Leslaki Thu 16-Oct-08 21:19:02

Clay stars that they shape themselves then paint n cover in glitter! Lovely!!

Or flat blocks of wood/mdf they which they paint and decorate with tinsel, bits of xmas tree, baubles etc and stick a tall cheap candle in the middle - we used blu tack to stick it on! You do have to warn parents not to light them or light them under supervision as the kids can go a bit deco happy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now