Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Playmobil virgin needs help.....

(18 Posts)
northernjess Sat 11-Oct-08 14:15:14

ahem - have 4 yr dd and a friend has started collecting playmobil and says her dd LOVES it, wondered if any of your dd's have favourites or indeed if they like it at all....

belgo Sat 11-Oct-08 14:23:37

The best thing to start off with is the campervan here. My children also have a take along house - that's a lot smaller and cheaper then the big houses.

The helicopters and boats and planes are also supposed to be good.

thegrowlygus Sat 11-Oct-08 14:24:48

We all love it (from DH age 34, DS1 age nearly 4 and DS2 age 19mths!) (oh and me). Although with you having a girl I suspect you won't be as pirate/police/roman/knight orientated as we are!

DS1 will play with the knights for ages, making up little scenarios for them. Although I was slightly perturbed to walk in to find all of them lying down and i said "ah - are they all asleep?" and he said "No - they are DEAD". sad He also once had the policemen and robbers in some complicated Reservoir dogs style 'all guns pointing at each other' scenario. But usually the playmobil guys are peaceful little souls. As is DS1 to be fair!

DS2 seems to love the ambulance and shoving as many of the men into it as possible.

ebay often has cheap bits and pieces on it. We got a cracking castle and a selection of knights for a bargain.

I like it that the 'bad guys' have stubble and that the good guys don't.

belgo Sat 11-Oct-08 14:25:12

I really like the Noah's Ark as well.

thegrowlygus Sat 11-Oct-08 14:26:23

They are selling the camper van in costco (and the Police boat).

thegrowlygus Sat 11-Oct-08 14:27:00

And there was a thread on here a while ago about the tramp that goes with the park set. Still keep my eye out for him...

ChippyMinton Sat 11-Oct-08 14:29:13

We have loads, but DD's favourites are the Grand Mansion, anything with horses or unicorns, the family with baby in a stroller, and some skiers (that i had for my birthday)

TheDevilWearsPrimark Sat 11-Oct-08 14:31:08

The pirate ship is fab, as is the hospital.

I bought my friend (age 30) the airport security one last year, complete with tazer hehe

yummybunnymummy Sat 11-Oct-08 15:22:56

we love playmobil too. i have two boys and we got the rock castle and dragon and the boys loved playing with it, the camper van was also a big hit. we have the aeroplane tucked away for ds2 birthday and he is going to love it! however they can be a bit fiddly to put together, but dh and me quite like that..

OrmIrian Sat 11-Oct-08 15:36:00

DS#2 started with the Noahs Ark, then got some of the Woodland animal stuff and some dinosaur things. But animals are his thing.

OrmIrian Sat 11-Oct-08 15:36:43

And there's a sea monster that floats in the bath too. Big hit.

muggglewump Sat 11-Oct-08 15:43:17

I bought DD the Noah's Ark when she was 4, it's still played with a lot and she's 7 now.

isaidno Sat 11-Oct-08 15:44:22

If you are an anal person who hates it when bits of toys go awol avoid playmobil!

Having said that DS loves the garage with car you can take the wheels on and off.

I just hate the tiny pieces angry ....

EustaciaVye Sat 11-Oct-08 19:36:28

DDs have the Blue Marlin leisure cruiser which is cool. See here for lots of recent offers.

StewieGriffinsMom Sat 11-Oct-08 21:25:19

Message withdrawn

LazyLinePainterJane Sun 12-Oct-08 08:11:47

DS has the camper van and he loves it. It has lots of pieces with it. Have got him the rescue helicopter for christmas.

LostGirl Mon 13-Oct-08 08:05:50

Playmobil is included in the 3 for 2 toys on Boots.com if you do decide to buy some.

sprout Tue 14-Oct-08 10:52:30

Yes, both dd1 (8 1/2) and dd2 (nearly 5) love playmobil. Have tried to steer them to knights and pirates, but they prefer the pink castles/princesses etc. hmm Dd1's 9-year-old friend also still plays a lot with her circus set.
The little figues which sell for a few pounds are also a hit as stocking fillers and mean you can branch out a bit without spending a fortune. It also means you end up with slightly surreal scenarios where the postman and the knights are having a BBQ with the pirates. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now