Talk

Advanced search

I have absolutely no idea what to get the boys this year....

(17 Posts)
KerryMumchingOnEyeballs Fri 10-Oct-08 09:41:59

Ds2 will have just turned 6.

Ds1 will have just turned 10.

Ds2 has Nintendo ds.
Ds1 has ps2, telescope, keyboard

they both have a playhouse (shed) from last year

georgeclooneyfan Fri 10-Oct-08 12:44:27

Hello KerryMumchingOnEyeballs I have the same problem but looking for ideas for my 9 year old daughter. Does your older boy have a tv in his bedroom or a mobile phone? I take it they both have bikes? What about an mp3 player or i pod for your older son. My son is 7 he is really into lego and he also likes tranformers. Hope you find something.

Overmydeadbody Fri 10-Oct-08 12:47:54

games for their DS and PS2?

georgeclooneyfan Fri 10-Oct-08 12:48:11

If you have the room what about a 3 in 1 games table, or a six in one games table. I think you can do things like, pool, table tennis, glide hockey and table football etc.

WingsofaBatEyeofNewt Fri 10-Oct-08 12:49:53

What about WALL E stuff my 5yr old is mad about him.

We've got them an Xbox360 to share

You can get a basic Apple i pod for £32

Lilyloo Fri 10-Oct-08 12:51:34

I have got ds 6 a fab wooden football table for £6 off ebay!
He is getting football related pressies this year as he is obsessed with that along with wwi game and books!

Rubyrubyruby Fri 10-Oct-08 12:52:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

idobelieveinghosts Fri 10-Oct-08 12:54:57

I have 7 year old boys twins (as well as others) and they are the hardest to buy for..i really haven't a clue-and neither have they....so far have got the dr.who battling sonic screwdrivers.

littlestrawberry Fri 10-Oct-08 12:56:51

Lego? My boys will be 6 and 4, they are both lego mad. Some of the star wars lego is fab. Boots are doing 3 for 2 on toys including lego at the moment.

My 2 will be getting a nintendo wii between them and some lego.

francagoestohollywood Fri 10-Oct-08 13:09:38

Not sure what to give my 6 yr old son. No electronics though, as he is not interested. Have you got Gormiti in Irland? They are all the rage here in Italy (but ds not that bothered either hmm). He'd love a pair of sky though.

Lilyloo Fri 10-Oct-08 14:11:42

What's gormiti and sky ?

francagoestohollywood Fri 10-Oct-08 15:05:56

these are gormiti. Really popular in Italy, just launched in the UK, apparently.

Sky, should have been ski blush], sorry

KerryMumchingOnEyeballs Fri 10-Oct-08 16:12:32

oh goodie! thanks for all the ideas! I was out all day. yes ds2 has mentioned gormiti and I looked at him like wtf have they come up with now?

They have football table in their playhouse.

don't want to get ipods as ds2 is deaf in one ear and deffo don't want him messing with one. same with ds1. BUT cd player is very good idea for ds1. And some rock music!! smile

lego is a good idea. they love lego. I'm just a bit hmm at the freakin cost of it!

Leslaki Fri 10-Oct-08 18:12:59

I'm getting my 2 a wii - from what everyone says they seem to be fab for the whole family. They won't be getting much else after that tho!!! My ds (6) is well into Ben 10, Gormiti and all theusual nonsense boys like so I'll get him some little bits with those characters on. For their birthdays next year I'm going to get them tickets for Eurodisney then pay for 4 - 5 nights in a mobile with Canvas (using my tesco vouchers) on a campsite 20 mins away from Disney! Cheapish birthday pressie but an idea you could maybe use for Xmas? They'll be getting a Disney holiday for their birthdays!

uptomyeyes Fri 10-Oct-08 18:20:45

I'm in the same boat with 11yo and 7 yo DS's. DS2 is talking about a trampoline. Apparantly Nintendo are bringing out a Star Wars game for Wii complete with light sabre - so that will definitely be on the list.

KerryMumchingOnEyeballs Fri 10-Oct-08 18:57:36

oh hell. hopefully my two won't get wind of that light sabre uptomyeyes!

coocurly Sun 12-Oct-08 18:25:57

try the website www.mywishwand.co.uk Works well for present suggestions and ideas and has all top retailers. both my dd's have wished for things this christmas and most have been gratned already and my xmas shopping has been done

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now