Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Home Made Hampers....HELP!!

(25 Posts)
wuzzlefraggle Thu 09-Oct-08 18:14:41

Hello all

Right, so this year I am doing everyone a home made hamper personalized to their own tastes in things as one of their presents...

I have a good idea of what I will put in them, the problem is the box itself.

Where do you suggest that I get large, nice boxes with lids from that would do the trick? I have some here already, but can't find any more!!

My brain has now gone blank...

Thanks in advance grin

majeika Thu 09-Oct-08 18:16:36

www.candigifts.co.uk/items/product-range/boxes/gift-boxes/SQUARE-BOX-WITH-LID-WHITE-detail.htm

CurleyWurlyWoooooooo Thu 09-Oct-08 18:16:43

If you mean ones made from cardboard, have you tried a local copier shop? I think copier paper normally comes in a lidded box?

Sorry if thats a load of old crapgrin

majeika Thu 09-Oct-08 18:18:31

www.thelittleboxcompany.co.uk/boxes-with-lids-c-30.html?osCsid=c2125d454739beaf7e25311576db0838

wuzzlefraggle Thu 09-Oct-08 18:21:45

wow that was fast. Thanks!

Majeika, you used candigifts before?

lol Curley grin As long as the box in question is large and pretty lol

CurleyWurlyWoooooooo Thu 09-Oct-08 18:22:39

<Hands crayons and marker pens>

Overmydeadbody Thu 09-Oct-08 18:24:25

Am curious: Does it cost more in the end to make them all up yourself than it would be to just order bog tandard ones from hamper companies?

wuzzlefraggle Thu 09-Oct-08 18:30:39

Overmydeadbody, probably a little more expensive depending a lot on what you put in the hamper... I didn't check to see what prices the normal hampers were lol

majeika Thu 09-Oct-08 18:32:45

Go to Lidl and buy some stuff and I promise no one will be able to tell!

Wine
Olives
Chocolates
Olive Oil

No I havent used them before - just googled!

Overmydeadbody Thu 09-Oct-08 18:35:45

wuzzle I think your plan is better though as it can be taylored to the person more accurately.

missblythe Thu 09-Oct-08 18:42:45

The hat boxes here are nice and could be used again(you need to scroll down the page)

www.theholdingcompany.co.uk/SearchResults.asp?txtSearchString=hat+boxes+set&andor=2

Or have a look at Ikea storage, they'll have lots of diff. boxes in diff. sizes.

wuzzlefraggle Thu 09-Oct-08 18:50:54

Cheers OMDB grin
oooo, will have a gander Missblythe!

Leslaki Thu 09-Oct-08 20:19:56

If you don't mind a fruit box you could ask at school - our school chucks loads of them every day - or Tescos. Good size and MUCH cheaper (Free!) than buying a proper hamper. No lid though but you could but you could decorate the box with wrapping paper or something arty involving cellophane or other arty stuff which always looks fab when others do it but like a 5 year olds beee at it when i do it!

Eddas Thu 09-Oct-08 20:22:24

I did hampers last year and the 'hamper' bit was a basket from poundlandblush they are labelled as laundry baskets but I think they looked nicegrin

Eddas Thu 09-Oct-08 20:23:50

i've jut checked and I have pictures on my profile of last years efforts.

<<<makes mental note to remove them, so she doesn't look like a nutter>>>>

gingernutlover Fri 10-Oct-08 07:40:06

eddas your hampers are fab, wish things i make look that nice grin

i was in a charity shop yesterday and they had wicker baskets for between 50p and £1 , they would be perfect for hampers and you would be helping the charity too

i plan on making marmalade, sweets etc so will be on the look out for smaller baskets/bowls.boxes to put them in

pReachyTheExorcist Fri 10-Oct-08 08:01:47

I'm making hampers this year but instead of boxes I'm going eco LOL and using those hessian reusable bags you get in sainsburys etc- useful after the event as well as easy to carry.

Chocolateteapot Fri 10-Oct-08 08:06:34

I did a hamper for my Mum's birthday recently and used the hessian bags Peachy is talking about then tied some wide blue raffia ribbon across the front. It went down extremely well and it takes a lot to impress my Mum !

wuzzlefraggle Fri 10-Oct-08 18:09:08

wow Eddas, your hampers looked fab!!

Thanks ladies. I'll have a little scout about and see what I can find grin

Just felt like doing something a little different this year so thought ah-ha, hamper!

Eddas Fri 10-Oct-08 20:39:23

aw thanksgrin I wasn't fishing for complimentswink grin

BabiesEverywhere Sat 11-Oct-08 16:46:34

gingernutlover, Which charity shop was that ?

gingernutlover Sat 11-Oct-08 17:50:55

babieseverywhere
it was the cancer research one in my local town, but they are not new, second hand donations I assume

so i have seen them in lots of charity shops, not one particular one

BabiesEverywhere Sun 12-Oct-08 21:14:12

Thanks.

majeika Mon 13-Oct-08 15:46:14

99p shop in Bracknell is selling baskets for ..........you guessed it.........99p!!

wuzzlefraggle Tue 14-Oct-08 08:05:59

lol Eddas, nah, but credit where credit is due grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now