Talk

Advanced search

What are you getting your dp/dh?

(37 Posts)
geordieminx Thu 09-Oct-08 09:01:20

Ok so dp is without a doubt the most difficult person to buy for - as I'm sure most other blokes are...

Thought we could have a thread with ideas - past or present.

My ideas so far are

Sky Hd
A dressing gown to stop him stealing mine
A head torch so he can read in bed without disturbing me
Something liverpool fc related

FloriaTosca Thu 09-Oct-08 09:06:06

I've ordered silver cufflinks with our first borns' finger prints impressed into them ...is that cheesey or what?grin

MrsMattie Thu 09-Oct-08 09:06:37

We don't usually do presents for each other

babyOcho Thu 09-Oct-08 09:07:51

we usually have a £20 rule, but this year we are getting each other a nintendo wii - it arrived yesterday. yipppeee.

bellavita Thu 09-Oct-08 09:11:12

he keeps hinting about an ipod touch.........

LazyLinePainterJane Thu 09-Oct-08 09:13:35

We have done all sorts before, no presents, sometimes we do a £20 rules, last year we did stockings for each other.

This year have bought him music and books, I usually get a couple of little things as well. He is so hard to buy for I have to force myself to write down things throughout the year that he mentions as there is nothing specific that he wants.

QuiteQuiet Thu 09-Oct-08 09:14:14

Something small. He is not working at present so all monies shall be going to girls this year.

Much the same every year tbh.

smile

Buda Thu 09-Oct-08 10:15:12

No idea!

And his birthday is Nov 25th. Have one idea for that - new Charlie Boorman DVD.

2beautifulgalsandabean Thu 09-Oct-08 10:36:13

I haven't a clue and my Dh birthday is Dec 15th!!!! Asked him this morning about B'day and he wants clothes, but he is soooo difficult to buy for as so fussy.

Marne Thu 09-Oct-08 10:39:17

Dh wan't a x-box 360, not sure if he will get one though, he will have to be extra nice to me first grin

bamboo Thu 09-Oct-08 10:44:31

Usually CDs or books but probably not this year as money is tight and the dcs will come first. May do £20 rule too and fill a stocking with stuff.

RedOnHerBeheadedHead Thu 09-Oct-08 10:47:13

we're getting a Wii between us!
I want need the wii fit!

UmMwahahahaaaaa Thu 09-Oct-08 10:47:56

Got mine an Arsenal dressing gown once and he LOVES it. Have to wrestle it off him to put it in the washing machine (all covered in curry and wine hmm)

QuintessenceOfFrankenShadow Thu 09-Oct-08 10:49:34

We dont DO christmas presents with eachother.

MarkStretch Thu 09-Oct-08 10:50:10

A USB turntable so he can dig boxes and boxes of old vinyl out of his mother's loft, bring them into our tiny house and transfer them all on the laptop.

I am dreading really looking forward to it.

grin

scorpio1 Thu 09-Oct-08 10:52:01

an ipod stereo thing
a keyring with dcs fingerprints on
only fools and horses complete boxset

ClaireDeLoon Thu 09-Oct-08 10:52:38

An eagle experience - a day in the north York moors flying eagles, starting small and ending up with a massive sea eagle. I think it sounds terrifying to have one land on your arm but I hope he likes it. I'm going to watch and take pics.

ilovemydog Thu 09-Oct-08 10:53:18

whiskey smile

QuintessenceOfFrankenShadow Thu 09-Oct-08 10:55:10

However, he has wrecked his bike. The new one he wants is nearly 2k. I guess it would seeem patronising to offer to get it for him for Christmas. We really cant afford it. And I dont think I can ask him to get a cheapo bike, he lives on the thing.

fairyfly Thu 09-Oct-08 10:55:15

Oh a head torch what a great present and perfect for cunnilingus after reading his evening screw fix catalogue.

MrsJamin Thu 09-Oct-08 14:55:39

last year I got DP goodwood festival of speed tickets, was a big hit- then we had something to look forward to. often get tickets to something we can share together.

ChippyMinton Thu 09-Oct-08 16:47:24

An aquarium - although it will be partly for the DC's benefit as well. I'll get the tank and stuff, then take everyone to choose some fish after Christmas.

Nappyzoneneedssleep Thu 09-Oct-08 20:23:58

dh wants a remote control helicopter he can land on the tv - he is a nerd.

bloss Thu 09-Oct-08 20:41:02

Message withdrawn

NappiesLaGore Thu 09-Oct-08 20:43:56

we dont really 'do' each other at christmas, dp and i. hes impossible to buy for anyway, id only be buying token crap.
he spoils me rotten at other times, im really not bothered. s'about kids innit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now