Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone got a recipe for a really nutty Christmas cake?

(2 Posts)
Pollyanna Tue 07-Oct-08 13:47:38

When we were children, my mum used to make a really nutty Christmas cake (I remember it had half brazil nuts in as well as lots of other nuts). She has lost the recipe now, and despite trawling the internet I can't find a nutty christmas cake.

Does anyone have a recipe?

Thanks

flatmouse Wed 08-Oct-08 12:35:24

This year's cake is going to be v nutty.

I just do a delia rich fruit cake - i have approximately (bit more) the correct quantity of dried fruit (but about 10 x the amount of brandy to soak said fruit), but vary quantities of each type and add extras - eg this yr the cake has some dried cranberries, dried apricots and dates in it as well as "the usual". Then i just had a look at what nuts i'd got in - completely ignored the 2oz of almonds. I put in brazil nuts (roughly chopped), toasted some hazelnuts (then chopped) and toasted some almonds (then chopped). No idea total quantity of nuts i put in - but it was quite a lot!

Delia also suggests you could lightly put whole almonds on top of the cake pre-baking (if you're not planning on marzipanning/icing).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now