Talk

Advanced search

Christmas greeting card with baby pics

(31 Posts)
MummyLena Tue 07-Oct-08 12:36:17

Hi everyone,

Has anyone done a Xmas card with photos of your kids/family? Are there any good companies that you can recommend? Any tips and advice will be greatly appreciated.

Apologies if I am duplicating an existing thread (had a look in Christmas and Arts and Crafts sections, but did not find anything).

compo Tue 07-Oct-08 12:36:53

www.truprint.co.uk is a good site

rainbowface Tue 07-Oct-08 13:33:49

I know Snappy Snaps do them but havent actually had any done from them. Did order photo mugs from them 2 xmas' ago which I was pleased with though. They are done in store too so dont get sent away (sorry that doesnt help if there isnt one on your high st.)

MamaG Tue 07-Oct-08 13:34:29

TBH I'm a bit hmm about them

Orangesarenottheonlyfruit Tue 07-Oct-08 13:39:34

A touch too much like a politician trying to show how 'normal' their life is for me. Yeuch.

RubyRioja Tue 07-Oct-08 13:43:58

I always do them as my dds are so beautiful.

I am sure everyone will be pleased to see a pic of your new baby

rainbowface Tue 07-Oct-08 13:50:02

Ithink they are nice to send out to family - the sort of thing grandparents /gr grandparents probably love to receive.

rainbowface Tue 07-Oct-08 13:51:57

Or you could do some with your kids on for thank you cards after xmas!

traceybath Tue 07-Oct-08 13:52:23

I think you have to tread carefully with these - they can be very upsetting if sent to someone whose struggling with infertility/just had a miscarriage etc.

Lovely for family but i wouldn't do as a general card to be honest.

Photobox is good though for cards - i use them to do thank-you cards from my children.

preggersplayspop Tue 07-Oct-08 13:53:51

Try snapfish, they are great and do various themed cards. I have used them for thank you cards for presents and they have gone down very well with family (especially grandparents and extended family that don't get to see DS very often). Photobox do similar things but I have not used them before.

MaryAnnSingleton Tue 07-Oct-08 13:57:21

I just stick a photo of ds in with a card for friends/family we don't see often..ds and I usually design a card together - both of us drawing part of it,then scan it and print off...much cheaper and more personal. It is tempting to put a photo of dcs on cards though,esp if they are lovely looking - it is a bit show offy but why not ?

Ceolas Tue 07-Oct-08 14:24:31

I always get a pack from snapfish. Take your time and look out for offers as they process them very quickly ime. I don't send them to everyone, just family members who don't see our DC often. But I know they like receiving them

MummyLena Tue 07-Oct-08 14:45:32

Thanks a million for great ideas!!! Yeah, I was thinking about grandparents and close friends only. It's our baby's first Xmas, so wanted to do smth very speacial.

pingping Tue 07-Oct-08 16:45:44

Phoenix trading do photo frame Christmas cards very nice.

rosbif Wed 08-Oct-08 06:38:16

I used wistaprint.co.uk and they have been brilliant, very reasonable and prompt postage.

MummyLena Wed 08-Oct-08 09:51:35

Vistaprint is brilliant! I already created a cool card, but now need to paste Santa hats on the three of us, wink but will leave this to DH as haven't got a clue where to find these.

Tracey, you are so right about not sending to friends who are struggling with infertility. Will have to send a traditional card to my friends in Canada who are in this situation.

rosbif Wed 08-Oct-08 12:14:58

sorry spelt it wrong, glad you guessed correctly.

Volkl Wed 08-Oct-08 12:29:57

Not sure if you'd want to go down this route, but i saw yesterday at mothercard Christmas cards that had a slide window that you could put a standard size photo in.
They were only a few £ for 20.

Just a thought

Volkl Wed 08-Oct-08 12:30:11

*mothercare

bogie Wed 08-Oct-08 12:30:57

vistaprint.co.uk are goood

Tortington Wed 08-Oct-08 12:32:21

oh this is barf tastic, who wants apic of someone elses kids apart from granny?

its a big up your own arse IMO

PEace and love merry xmas

RubyRioja Wed 08-Oct-08 13:19:50

Those of us with beatiful children understand wink

MummyLena Wed 08-Oct-08 14:23:20

My family are abroad and some haven't seen 3 months old DD yet, so will send to them and Godmother, etc.

Sorry to be a pain, but does anyone know where I can get Santa hats, but nice ones with fluffy pompons?

Ta!

MummyLena Wed 08-Oct-08 14:24:28

Thank you for Mothercare idea, will have a look, too.

bamboostalks Wed 08-Oct-08 14:26:07

MummyLena , I asked a question on your hair slide thread. I know that you were boycotting it but I am really interested.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now