Talk

Advanced search

Cheap stocking fillers for 2YO boy?

(19 Posts)
mamadiva Mon 06-Oct-08 08:58:05

Tight budget ahve only spent roughly £30 on him for main gifts what can I out in his stocking?

shelleylou Mon 06-Oct-08 09:00:38

colouring book and pencils

MrsMatryoshka Mon 06-Oct-08 09:04:33

Try homebargains for small things ,I always bulk the stockings up with tat stuff from there.

bogie Mon 06-Oct-08 09:09:57

books and jigsaws my ds loves them, but insted of buying a couple of new ones we go to a car boot sale and people sell some lovley books jigsaws and games that look brand new. I got ds 10 books for £1 and the were in just as good condition as the new ones he got

ledodgy Mon 06-Oct-08 09:11:14

some here

Weegle Mon 06-Oct-08 09:27:35

I've got some duplo off ebay. A recorder from ELC - got that Saturday for £2. Bubbles? I'm also thinking of a story CD - seen one for £2.99 on Amazon but need to order some other presents for people to get it on the free supersaver delivery.

cherryliquormonster Mon 06-Oct-08 10:44:40

tub of playdough- about 79p in sainsburys. i just ordered a little wooden train from here for £1.50 and they do free delivery on any orders- you dont have to spend a minimum amout, they got loads of other bits too

nappyaddict Fri 17-Oct-08 16:06:22

got all ds' from poundshop mostly - crayons, colouring books, sticker books, underground ernie trains, couple of books.

oh and i got him some ITNG slipper socks from peacocks too.

MrsMattie Fri 17-Oct-08 16:10:37

Those little character flannels that open up in water (supermarkets often have them)

Character bubble baths - I got some cute Mister Men & Dora ones from Sainsbury's last year.

Stickers / sticker books

Bubbles

Those little pocket libraries

Woolworths & Boots do loads of cheap stocking fillers and 3 for 2s closer to Xmas.

bumbling Fri 17-Oct-08 18:13:02

On Hawkins Bazaar Link above I gave DS the paper lazer thing and it got used again and again and again. Brilliant present. Mini slinki went down well too. Whoopee cushion used a lot and was only 50p from local toy shop. Dinky cars, I know technically your DC is too young, but you can get them at Tesco etc for like 60p. Yoyo was enjoyed too at 2, way too young relly but liked it for kind of whirling around. Bouncy rubber ball.

MrsMattie Fri 17-Oct-08 18:14:55

Hawkins is great.

witchwoman Fri 17-Oct-08 23:13:25

finger puppets.

MakemineaGandT Fri 17-Oct-08 23:15:47

a magazine rolled up (Thomas the tank or similar_

art stuff

big bottle bubble bath

morocco Fri 17-Oct-08 23:27:06

go to a carboot sale or scour the charity shops and get some really nice stuff for pennies. we did this til the kids were 5/6 when we thought they might start to notice the books had other people's names pencilled in them grin

bundle Sat 18-Oct-08 00:21:25

fridge magnets
tin of novelty plasters
small pop up or tactile book
small lego toys (somein a newspaper free next week - mirror, i think)

bundle Sat 18-Oct-08 00:21:46

whoops! just realised lego will be too small for 2yo

mumhadenough Sat 18-Oct-08 00:24:46

I found Poundland to be brilliant when ds was two, crayons, cars, arts & craft stuff, bubble bath etc.

squilly Sat 18-Oct-08 23:56:16

Home Bargains had nice fleece blankets in last time I went. Practical and, at £3.99, a perfect stocking filler price. Also, they have little TY Beanie Bears for 99p or £1.99 for bigger ones, if he likes dogs, pandas, lions, horses or frogs (the frog one is just fab).

They have an iggle piggle dressing up outfit for £8.99 and Thunderbirds dress up set for £4.99 (might even be £3.99, I can't remember).

They also have play figures, educational toys. In case you can't tell, I LURVE Home Bargains.

Also, if he has a favourite character, it's always worth checking out Ebay. Buy new, if you can, and always make sure you build in the postage.

Happy hunting!

Elkat Sun 19-Oct-08 11:06:39

At this age, it is more about the unwrapping of presents than the actual present. So I use it to also include useful things that I need to buy anyway, but can use to bulk out the christmas sack. Things like socks and pants, vests and tops... and so on. Just combine it with some cheapo toys - always check out the sale sections in Asda, Tescos and Toys r us for a few bargains.

HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now