Talk

Advanced search

Disneyland Paris

(19 Posts)
2beautifulgalsandabean Sun 05-Oct-08 10:44:57

I am sooo excited, we have just booked Disneyland paris from December 24th- December 27th. There will be me (will be 20 weeks pg) DH and DD1 4 and DD2 2. We are not telling the girls just going to surprise them with it. I can't wait to see there faces.
Is anyone else going, or has been in the past. Need tips on where to eat, what to take etc.

Lovingthepink Sun 05-Oct-08 10:48:51

We went last year just before christmas and we had a fab time. We took ds who was 5, ds who was 3 and dd who was 9 months.

You need really warm clothes. Thermals, warm feet etc as it is always cold and that can be miserable. Where are you staying?

bluesky Sun 05-Oct-08 10:49:20

what an exciting christmas idea!

definitely book a character breakfast, the parks can get busy and the queues to see characters can be very long when you are little. The character breakfasts mean they come up to your table and do autographs and you can take lots of photographs. Then if you see a character in the park without a queue it's a bonus!

take lots of warm clothes!

on one day watch the parade and the other day instead of the parade, use the time to go on the most popular rides as the queues will be calmer and not as long.

have a great time!

angrypixie Sun 05-Oct-08 10:51:36

Enjoy x
We were there just before christmas 2006 and we had a ball. Good idea from Bluesky re parades

MingMingtheWonderPet Sun 05-Oct-08 10:54:38

We are going on the 30th December for 4 nights and are very excited!
good point re thermals, will get some!

2beautifulgalsandabean Sun 05-Oct-08 10:54:59

We are staying at the santa fe hotel, and breakfast is included, not sure if it is a character breakfast will have to check.
We don't arrive until late afternoon on the 24th so were thinking of doing the universal park that afternoon evening then go into disney on xmas day for the 1st time.
i'm sooooooo excited.

2beautifulgalsandabean Sun 05-Oct-08 10:56:36

will keep eyes out for thermals, will we need wellies or just warm shoes/boots?

Lovingthepink Sun 05-Oct-08 10:59:28

We stayed at santa fee - definitely the best at christmas time. All traditional and cosy christmas decorations and fires. We didn't do the character breakfast as we had our breakfast at the hotel but we did do lunch at chef Mickey where the characters come round to the table. The only problem was ds1 was scared of the characters so hid under the table for the meal. The rest of us enjoyed it though lol!!!

Lovingthepink Sun 05-Oct-08 11:04:03

Re wellies-not warm enough imo. I had fake uggs and the children had thermal boots form tchibo. They were very successful. It really is cold...

bluesky Sun 05-Oct-08 17:05:30

character breakfast is across the big lake in Cafe Mickey, you can book at the hotel (or even before you go with the agent)

not alot of floor space in Santa Fe bedrooms, so get things that your girls can play with on a double bed!

definitely recommend warm feet, wellies won't be enough; if hands/head/feet feel snuggly you're usually OK! Look at thermal and warm gear in Millets. Thermal tights under whatever they're wearing etc ....

duckyfuzz Sun 05-Oct-08 17:08:16

we went this summer with DTDs age 4 and had lunch at Cinderella's Inn - sit down table service meal with all the princesses, their reaction to that made the rest of the hype worth enduring!

slayerette Sun 05-Oct-08 17:27:32

See if you can book breakfast in the park itself. You still get it free, just at one of the eateries in the park rather than at your hotel, and it means you're there on the spot when the rides open. We found it great for being first in the queue for things like the Peter Pan ride.

Get fastpasses for rides like the Buzz Lightyear ride. You go to a machine near the ride, collect your ticket, and it tells you what time to return. Then you go in via the fastpass queue rather than waiting in the normal one.

dizzyg Tue 07-Oct-08 21:50:41

you will have a ball!! but agree wih the majority wrap up warm as we have never been so cold as we were there!!and we went in april, wind is very cold but if well wrapped up you will have great time, i stayed in santa fe great hotel but you wont be there much anyway! enjoy so jealous!!

handlemecarefully Tue 07-Oct-08 22:00:35

Try and book Christmas Eve Dinner in the 'Pink Palace' (the Disneyland Hotel) because as a DLP veteran (x3) it surpasses anything else in terms of the sheer volume of characters that will make a beeline for your table and schmooze your children.

Be organised - used Fast Pass as much as possible because from 25th onwards it is unbelievably busy

handlemecarefully Tue 07-Oct-08 22:01:34

I agree with bluesky that Cafe Mickey is a good place to eat

Leslaki Thu 09-Oct-08 19:58:10

Another vote for Cafe Mickey. We've been just before Xmas twice and it is fab!!! I bought my dcs salapettes from ebay - they were really cheap and virtually brand new. Kept then really warm and dry. Might still ahve them actualy. If you don't get that I found that putting tights and pJs on under their trousers helped them stay warm! You'll have a fab time. Are they doing the Tinkerbell show again this year?

RachieB Thu 16-Oct-08 23:32:42

aww how fab ! my sister in law is also going over xmas

we are going for a wkend in the middle of dec,never been in winter before so really looking forward to it

have been told its reeeeeally cold ! so am well prepared lol

this forum is fab for planning / ideas / info http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77

x

RachieB Thu 16-Oct-08 23:33:19

www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77

kirst22 Sun 23-Aug-09 21:52:51

Can anyone advise me whether it is easier to buy my bus tickets from charles de gaulle airport to disnayland paris before i travel or when I get there?

Also is it quite straight forward to find the bus stop when you arrive?

Thank you for any help

Kirstieanne

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now