Secret Santa for the woman who has everything

(51 Posts)
FortunesFave Tue 07-Dec-21 20:18:20

She's extremely into clothes and jewelry and also has expensive tastes in bath stuff etc.

I just don't know! She likes Chai Lattes and I was thinking of getting her some organic Chai tea mix along with some posh chocolate from an independent chocalatier near us.

But food always seems a cop out doesn't it?

What on earth do I do? She doesn't read as she listens to audio books

OP’s posts: |
Margo34 Tue 07-Dec-21 20:28:24

Costa voucher

Carolwithane Tue 07-Dec-21 20:30:25

What's your budget?

Innocenta Tue 07-Dec-21 20:49:11

Herbivore Coco Rose Body Polish, if the budget goes that far.

FortunesFave Tue 07-Dec-21 21:03:50

Thanks all I should have said she's very particular about bath and body and makeup....she buys it all in large amounts so it's pointless getting her that. A voucher just seems impersonal...the budget set for this SS is only 20 which doesn't help! This is why I hate SS! You can't get anything decent for that money.

Luredbyapomegranate Tue 07-Dec-21 21:06:55

I think consumable, or something neutral or easily passed on like socks is best - otherwise most of it ends up landfill.

So posh socks. Or posh chocolate.
Chai mix - only if you really think she makes it herself.

Tibtab Tue 07-Dec-21 21:07:42

www.neomorganics.com/products/christmas-wish-scented-candle-travel

Small Neom candle and some chocs?

Advertisement

Todaythiscouldbe Tue 07-Dec-21 21:09:16

I think your idea sounds lovely. I'd be more than happy to receive posh chocolates and a mix for chai latte.

Babyfg Tue 07-Dec-21 21:21:25

A nice Christmas decoration, maybe personalised?

OverByYer Tue 07-Dec-21 21:27:12

L'occitaine hand cream

Innocenta Tue 07-Dec-21 21:33:48

Socks are a very good idea. Consider Anthropologie, Oliver Bonas, or even John Lewis. They're also easy for her to regift or donate if she privately doesn't like them.

minipie Tue 07-Dec-21 21:56:47

Food is not a cop out! Something consumable is perfect for secret santa IMO. Your chai idea sounds perfect

Rizzoli123 Tue 07-Dec-21 22:18:58

Chai tea mix. Personalised mug

IveNameChangedAgain2020 Tue 07-Dec-21 23:40:13

I'm probably the lady you're buying for and @Tibtab 's suggestion is the best one!

FortunesFave Wed 08-Dec-21 02:54:11

Innocenta

Socks are a very good idea. Consider Anthropologie, Oliver Bonas, or even John Lewis. They're also easy for her to regift or donate if she privately doesn't like them.

I did think of lovely socks but we're in Oz and it's summer! I would have got some nice cosy wool ones or something.

But there's some great ideas here...thanks all!

funandfrolics04 Wed 08-Dec-21 06:32:12

A lovely posh bath oil ?

https://inbloomandco.com/shop/
Or how about a candle? Some fancy chocolates ? X

Tibtab Wed 08-Dec-21 07:02:59

@IveNameChangedAgain2020 I fancy getting one for myself now 😂

ButtonSister Wed 08-Dec-21 07:27:00

I don't think food is a cop out (I've bought edible for my SS blush ) especially luxury stuff that are something of an indulgence.

ButtonSister Wed 08-Dec-21 07:29:07

What's the obsession with Costa vouchers on the SS threads?

FearlessSwiftie Wed 08-Dec-21 08:04:07

I don't see edible gifts as cop outs, these usually hit the nail in the head imo. Probably a gift set of fancy chocolates or a tea&coffee set?
As for the 'voucher just seems impersonal' part, idk how personal a work SS gift could be if there are many people and lots of them aren't really your direct coworkers, so vouchers or gift cards are actually a good way to go hmm Maybe it's not Christmassy but if you make a video greeting card or even add a store bought one it should be fine.

FortunesFave Wed 08-Dec-21 22:28:22

FearlessSwiftie

I don't see edible gifts as cop outs, these usually hit the nail in the head imo. Probably a gift set of fancy chocolates or a tea&coffee set?
As for the 'voucher just seems impersonal' part, idk how personal a work SS gift could be if there are many people and lots of them aren't really your direct coworkers, so vouchers or gift cards are actually a good way to go hmm Maybe it's not Christmassy but if you make a video greeting card or even add a store bought one it should be fine.

She is a direct coworker and I know her well...

FortunesFave Wed 08-Dec-21 22:29:13

ButtonSister

What's the obsession with Costa vouchers on the SS threads?

I know...we live in a city with many independent coffee makers and cafes so Costa doesn't even exist here and if it did, people wouldn't be impressed.

Jumpingintochristmas Wed 08-Dec-21 22:36:15

We put a voucher for our local independent coffee shop in his stocking every year alongside a personalised iced bauble cookie.

I am like your friend, I stockpile Jo Malone shower oil and body creme, frequently buy candles etc. I would love artisan chocolates and a reusable coffee cup from a local independent!

Startagain51 Wed 08-Dec-21 22:42:13

Charity donation in her name. See if she has the neck to complain. Some charities let you identify the item the donation goes to - but her a pair of chickens, or something. much better than plastic crap or yet more luxury for people who don't need it.

Tibtab Thu 09-Dec-21 06:05:06

A charity donation sounds like a spiteful gift, just because they are hard to buy for they shouldn’t get anything?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in