He organised beautiful Christmas cards.
He wrote the cards.
He addressed the envelopes.

A Christmas bugbear has been lightened.

OP’s posts: |
UndertheCedartree Mon 06-Dec-21 22:49:32

Lovely fsmile

mynameiscalypso Mon 06-Dec-21 22:50:57

Whereas my DH asked me what my plan was for writing Christmas cards for his family...

KaptainKaveman Mon 06-Dec-21 23:38:12

Bugger that. Just send a txt msg.

Floundery Mon 06-Dec-21 23:54:24

DH just sat and watched me do the elf, take the class bear photos, write 33 Christmas cards for Reception kiddos, stuff them with chocolate coins, and write the teacher’s initials on each envelope. Then he asked me to find the TV remote.

He’s a Twunt.

pollyglot Tue 07-Dec-21 02:01:27

do the elf ?? Is that something to do with yoga, or is it a sex position?
I do agree, though, that "twunt" is the perfect neologism for such behaviour.

user1477249785 Tue 07-Dec-21 02:20:07

OP that's really nice. It's lovely to hear of couples sharing out the Christmas effort.

Advertisement

1forAll74 Tue 07-Dec-21 02:42:19

My late Husband never bought a Christmas card, never wrote on one, never sent one, and never bothered to look at any that were sent to us. This never bothered me at all, as he was great in all other ways.

Bessica1970 Tue 07-Dec-21 06:25:52

Five years ago when I was having nightly Christmas anxiety dreams (you know the ones where it’s 10 minutes until the shops close and you realise it’s Christmas the next day, and you haven’t bought any presents for anyone) my husband ‘took over’ Christmas.
He now buys and wraps all the presents (and decides what to buy), does all the food planning, shopping and cooking - and puts up the Christmas lights. All I have to do is the tree and the cards (his handwriting is pants!).

It has really made a difference to my piece of mind and I love him to bits for it 😊

rrhuth Tue 07-Dec-21 06:34:17

Oh that's nice fsmile

We share Christmas prep and it is something I appreciate.

InvincibleInvisibility Tue 07-Dec-21 06:52:38

Are cards for reception kids really needed?!

Winniemarysarah Tue 07-Dec-21 07:11:30

InvincibleInvisibility

Yes! My dc was ecstatic when he got one from his little friend yesterday

CurtainTroubles Tue 07-Dec-21 07:16:54

Man does domestic chore and gets a whole thread on mumsnet in praise. Depressing.

My husband loves buying cards but never writes or sends them.

UsernameInTheTown Tue 07-Dec-21 07:24:10

Cards for littlies have never been more important. Life is so shitty and limited, the small things really matter.

Fairylights25 Tue 07-Dec-21 07:34:56

It is good he is getting stuck in with Christmas, and lovely that you appreciate him so much. Why didn't he do it years ago I am left wondering?

shakethat Tue 07-Dec-21 07:36:16

Husband or son?

Kittykat93 Tue 07-Dec-21 07:41:06

CurtainTroubles

Man does domestic chore and gets a whole thread on mumsnet in praise. Depressing.

This. I get this is a nice thing but Jesus it's sad when a man writes some Christmas cards and it's worthy of coming onto a forum and starting a thread 🤣

tigger1001 Tue 07-Dec-21 08:00:15

CurtainTroubles

Agree.

I don't do cards. Haven't done for years. Oh knows this and buys any cards he wants to give himself. In fairness he pretty much feels the same as me about cards so it's really just his mum he gets a card for.

We share gift buying. We share wrapping although I probably do more as I have a day off midweek so easier to do when no one else around. The cooking on the whole is my area but that's because I love cooking the Christmas meal and planning all the goodies. I suspect this year my eldest will help as he loves to cook too.

It's not my responsibility to ensure Christmas happens for the rest of the family. It's a collective effort.

MostUseful Tue 07-Dec-21 08:31:33

So much of this is self inflicted.

Floundery Tue 07-Dec-21 09:00:28

It was agreed by small majority of the class whatsapp group - so they all get the same number of cards. Those parents all have way too much time on their hands afai am concerned.

carriebradshawwithlessshoes Tue 07-Dec-21 09:25:05

Anyone else have a DH who asks every single year ‘what is his wife/ child called again??’ When it comes to card writing (done usually by me??). They are his friends. The one year I opted out he bought ‘large’ weight cards but posted with standard postage so everyone had to pay to be delivered. Then apparently to their collective amusement when John got his envelope inside was a card for Bob and so on. DH is actually highly intelligent but really…. I just do it.

carriebradshawwithlessshoes Tue 07-Dec-21 09:26:04

Agreed re the reception kids btw!!!!

Happy1982ish Tue 07-Dec-21 09:34:50

Floundery

DH just sat and watched me do the elf, take the class bear photos, write 33 Christmas cards for Reception kiddos, stuff them with chocolate coins, and write the teacher’s initials on each envelope. Then he asked me to find the TV remote.

He’s a Twunt.

Didn’t occur to you to say… you do this, I’ll do that, then we can flake on front of tv

Happy1982ish Tue 07-Dec-21 09:35:28

1forAll74

My late Husband never bought a Christmas card, never wrote on one, never sent one, and never bothered to look at any that were sent to us. This never bothered me at all, as he was great in all other ways.

Bingo

Love this

Happy1982ish Tue 07-Dec-21 09:36:54

Floundery

He’s a Twunt.

If you’re doing on behalf of the teacher… does that not mean it’s your job?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in