Door wreaths

(28 Posts)
Recycledblonde Fri 03-Dec-21 20:32:17

Anyone have any suggestions of a way to attach a wreath to a composite front door? We rent so it can’t be permanent.

OP’s posts: |
YouPrettyThings Fri 03-Dec-21 20:34:39

We just use one of those over the door hanger things - hasn't marked the door in the last 4 years of using ours over our composite door so hopefully OK for you.

CaribouCarafe Fri 03-Dec-21 20:55:57

Yep either an over the door hanger or what works for some doors is using a ribbon and attaching it at the very top of the door (i.e literally the top of the door, not on the front) with some thumb tacks. This only works with doors that aren't completely solid hardwood (otherwise it's just impossible to get the thumbtacks to drive through).

SilverGlassHare Fri 03-Dec-21 20:58:05

We wire ours to the door knocker. It does mean that’s out of action for a month but people can just knock with their knuckles.

LittlestLightOnTheXmasTree Fri 03-Dec-21 21:00:19

Command wreath hook

SageRosemary Fri 03-Dec-21 21:05:12

Or buy two wreaths, attach them to each other with some ribbon and hang one outside and one inside the door.

ElizabethinherGermanGarden Fri 03-Dec-21 21:15:27

Command hooks - they are like magic. They stick on like a good'un and stay till you remove them; then they just peel off. Get from the supermarket.

Advertisement

ShakespearesSisters Fri 03-Dec-21 21:20:12

I put a command hook upside down on the inside of the door near the top. Use ribbon on the reef and put it over the top of the door to be held by the hook. Works well. I also have lights on it which I put over the top too so the controller is inside.
I couldn't use the over door hanger in my composite door as the hanger was too thick and I couldn't close the door properly.

Cosywosy Fri 03-Dec-21 21:21:04

I tack mine to the top of the door

Bananasareyellow Fri 03-Dec-21 21:21:16

Piece of string around the wreath goes over the top of the door and ties to the handle inside. Our door isn't composite but that should work as long as you've got a handle or something on the inside?

towers14 Fri 03-Dec-21 21:29:57

SageRosemary

Or buy two wreaths, attach them to each other with some ribbon and hang one outside and one inside the door.

That is a fabulous idea!

Herecomesthesun70 Sat 04-Dec-21 00:58:30

Ours has string on it so I tie it to the knocker

Recycledblonde Sat 04-Dec-21 02:36:07

Thank you everyone, some fabulous ideas.

lightisnotwhite Sat 04-Dec-21 07:29:33

I have a spy hole in my door which is brass.. I unscrew it a bit and hang it from there.

PleaseReferToMeAsBritneySpears Sat 04-Dec-21 07:33:37

Quntis Suction Hooks 2 Packs Powerful Push and Lock Vacuum Multi-purpose Suction Hanger Strong Absorption Suction Cup Holds Up to 3KG Transparent Desi https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01IRD6SNE/ref=cmsww_rcpp_apip_CiEjuP3Vxpn4l

I bought these last year and was amazed it held! I had a real fresh wreath which weighed a ton. It was on the glass bit rather than wood or lookalike wood so I'm not sure how it would fair on that.

lonsdaleshorts Sat 04-Dec-21 07:40:50

I use 2 suction hooks to hang mine.

Gladioli23 Sat 04-Dec-21 07:41:07

I use a command hook. It's attached to the glass though, but has coped admirably with 2 years of fresh wreaths so far.

MyOtherProfile Sat 04-Dec-21 07:48:49

We use this and I assumed everyone else did too!

PleaseReferToMeAsBritneySpears Sat 04-Dec-21 08:16:41

I did when we had a wooden door that it fit. Not I have a pvc door and the frame at the top is totally different so it doesn't work anymore.

Essexmum321 Sat 04-Dec-21 08:20:47

Cable tie to the door knocker

haba Sat 04-Dec-21 08:27:41

I've been wondering this too, as we have no knocker. I used to hang it in my porch so it wasn't stolen as it was mostly glazed, but we've moved, and no porch now!

Moll2020 Sat 04-Dec-21 09:02:48

That’s a brilliant idea.

Recycledblonde Mon 06-Dec-21 13:46:21

I’ve got that suction hook and obviously being a complete numpty I couldn’t get it to work. I’ve now read the instructions and got it to stick to the glass panel at the top of the door. Wreath successfully attached.🎉🎉🎉

Anordinarymum Mon 06-Dec-21 13:47:57

Recycledblonde

Anyone have any suggestions of a way to attach a wreath to a composite front door? We rent so it can’t be permanent.

I have just tied my little wreath with tinsel to the door knocker on my composite door

CaribouCarafe Mon 06-Dec-21 14:14:57

Pictures or it didn't happen! fgrin

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in