Page 2 | Help! Teenage DD. No presents

(247 Posts)
ArthurChristmas2 Fri 20-Nov-20 22:48:58

So, my lovely girl is just 15. My shopping is pretty much done apart from her. I have no presents whatsoever. She’s never asked for anything, ever. She’s not into brands. She has a phone, a laptop, kindle, new camera for birthday. She doesn’t really need any new clothes. She rarely wears jewellery. She does a lot of dance but we’ve either had to buy equipment as it was needed or she has regulation uniform. I am so clueless it’s frightening. Please hit me with your DD lists and ideas. Desperately seeking something to get her (I also have to get both sets of grandparents).

OP’s posts: |
TicTacTwo Fri 20-Nov-20 23:28:54

Does she have a Spotify premium subscription?

xoxogossipgirl2020 Fri 20-Nov-20 23:29:22

Sewing machine? Tie dye kits? “Different”/good quality material/fat quarters to make things with if she likes making clothes?

Go on Etsy and get kids of the cool little fimo sweets/character/whatever so she can make jewellery?

Make your own dream catcher?
Diamond painting?

Titsywoo Fri 20-Nov-20 23:29:55

My DD is similar. I got her a really lovely office chair from Made.com this year and a few little bits (lush products, just dance, comfy loungewear from Asos and some stuff from her desk from Notebook therapy - fab for stationery). Last year I got her SIZE&quantity=1 this pillow (got a discount!) which is fab for lazing around in bed (her favourite pasttime!) and one of those mini printers you can print pics from your phone onto. Also a mini fridge for her room which she keeps toiletries in for some reason!

xoxogossipgirl2020 Fri 20-Nov-20 23:30:08

Calligraphy pens and book on how to do it?

Comefromaway Fri 20-Nov-20 23:31:24

I once bought my daughter a piece of Harlequin floor for Christmas to lay over the conservatory floor (was a godsend during lockdown).

LittleEsme Fri 20-Nov-20 23:31:35

I was going to say a waffle maker then buy a Belgian waffle mix to start her off. Include fresh strawberries, a jar of Nutella and some lovely maple syrup. Bought last year for DD and she loves it!

Advertisement

xoxogossipgirl2020 Fri 20-Nov-20 23:32:11

Those printers are called sprockets I think?
I was going to say an insta camera but if you you’ve already bought her A “proper” camera then a course or book to learn photograph would be great - depending what she likes to photograph then you could get her a light box or back drops?

A mannequin?

LittleEsme Fri 20-Nov-20 23:33:02

I keep getting adverts for Blissy pillows. So pricey! Are they any good?

TheSmallAssassin Fri 20-Nov-20 23:33:08

I have bought a Philips Hue light for my daughter and probably going to get her a loop pedal for her guitar (but that's not helpful for you!) How about a proper watercolour set if she is crafty? Books or an Amazon voucher for her Kindle? Good Bluetooth headphones - my favourite purchase this year was Bose over ear noise cancelling headphones, but wouldn't dorms as much on my teens!

AlexandraPeppernose Fri 20-Nov-20 23:35:41

They all so different at that age. I've got my 15yr old DM Boots, magnetic lashes and an (fake) oodie

nocutsnobuttsnococonuts Fri 20-Nov-20 23:36:18

My dds are younger so maybe not a help. But I've ordered us a milk frother as a family gift to do hot chocolates/lattes. Going to get a selection of different hot chocolate powders and a new mug each.

I've also ordered a churros maker, not sure why but my dd loves them so thought it would be fun!

My dd (12) loves American foods so I got her different flavoured pop tarts and American sweets for her birthday.

She also has a bag which has a clear panel at the front to display pin badges. She already has quite a collection and has a few more for her birthday. No chance of losing either as they stay put on the bag. Like this https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/133407907572?chn=ps&var=432826349449&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=710-134428-41853-0&mkcid=2&itemid=432826349449_133407907572&targetid=1000565205086&device=m&mktype=pla&googleloc=9045812&campaignid=10204071753&mkgroupid=105678540927&rlsatarget=aud-629407027345:pla-1000565205086&abcId=1145987&merchantid=115496703&gclid=CjwKCAiA7939BRBMEiwA-hX5J4Ep5sBnTl0BSRk1lJSUU3uAD4NkTahnb1fy9pJKTmjDRElgTlXmGhoCBDMQAvD_BwE if you search Ita bag loads come up.

How about an online course in something crafty?

UpTheLaganInABubble Fri 20-Nov-20 23:38:53

I bought DD (then 16) a coffee machine last Xmas and she loves it. I also considered a mini fridge for her room and a portable photo printer

hogangog Fri 20-Nov-20 23:39:53

how about a young photographers workshop or a dance photography photoshoot? can you tell what my job is haha!

Iamneverfull Fri 20-Nov-20 23:49:20

I saw a churro making machine the other day in Aldi?
A nice big fluffy or cosy blanket for her room
Lights for her room
Perfume
Mascara
Fluffy socks
Cosy slippers
A big bar 850g cadburys
Wireless headphones (the padded ones)
New trainers (beige balenciaga style, I got some for my daughter from ASOS)
Gel nail lamp and gel polishes if she is into nails
New phone case?
Lip balm
Bracelet (something like a gold star sign, or a cartier style band bracelet..look on the topshop or asos sites again)
A hoodie (topshop)
A teddy coat or jacket (topshop, misguided, new look)

SirVixofVixHall Fri 20-Nov-20 23:54:24

My dd is also 15.
She wants a proper record player and records, nice things for her room, so lights or a lamp, a picture, a piece of furniture. Books . Anything like that appealing to your dd too ?
Needle felting stuff ? A bolt of really beautiful fabric and some patterns. Does she have a sewing machine ? Deep sleep pillow spray and bath soak ( from This Works ). Yarn and a pattern if she can knit.
Soft and warm natural fibre socks, alpaca are nice. A few really good classic novels. Good quality paint brushes.

Just as an aside, if your dd is always cold, get her iron and thyroid levels checked.

TheMethodicalMeerkat Fri 20-Nov-20 23:54:53

Does she enjoy listening to music? If so maybe a retro Bluetooth record player or jukebox.

GhostTypeEevee Fri 20-Nov-20 23:55:25

@PurpleFrames

Thank you for the wax burning idea. Ds loves nice smells but I'm not keen on candles in bedrooms

2020newbie Sat 21-Nov-20 00:09:04

Im far more a “doing stuff” person than an “actually present” person
Not sure what your budget is but wowcher have their £99 holidays on again just now would it be possible for you and her to have a grown up girly weekend? I just got one for my boyfriend for Christmas and they phoned this morning to confirm we’re going to Milan 🤞🏻

Or perhaps a block of horse riding lessons at a riding school you’re never too old for a new hobby.

PurpleFrames Sat 21-Nov-20 00:42:24

@ArthurChristmas2 brilliant! Glad to help x

@RomaineCalm Personally I only buy cruelty free, so I can highly recommend Superdrug. All their own brand is cruelty free and a lot of their other ones are too, they have princess sheet masks as well as animal ones (saw these in the store this week in the present section)

@GhostTypeEevee fab, I got one for the first time last week and I'm hooked, I don't have to worry about it being plugged in overnight etc. I got a Yankee Candle one second hand (they don't make them anymore) but I hear Amazon has a good range too. Much more reasonably priced than Scentsy!

Chlordiazepoxide Sat 21-Nov-20 00:53:26

Pizza oven and all the kit?

Sarahplane Sat 21-Nov-20 01:19:17

I have an equally impossible 15 year old dd. She just never wants anything. Book vouchers and cosy hoodies from Hollister usually go down well.

SillyOldMummy Sat 21-Nov-20 06:03:41

How about an electric diffuser with bluetooth speakers and led lights and some essential oil blends? You can get special stufy/focus/motivation blends. Would be cool to take to uni in a few years too.

ArthurChristmas2 Sat 21-Nov-20 07:09:13

There are some great ideas on here, thank you. Her room is pretty much done as we renovated our house over last three years so finally got a bedroom back and relatives took all the options that year for presents! She’s really not into music at all. You’ve been a great help though as I think some courses, some sort of diffuser/wax melt, and some sort of kitchen item (loving the idea of churros maker as she loves them) make just do it!

So many great suggestions and so nice to know I’m not the only one out there!!

@SirVixofVixHall yes that is an interesting comment. She’s not well at mo, few anxiety issues, so I’ve spent a lot more time with her. We live in an old house and it is cold but she does seem to be excessively cold. I’ll get that booked.

OP’s posts: |
katienana Sat 21-Nov-20 07:24:29

I'm buying my kids a waffle maker and an ice cream maker. The waffle maker is a 3 in 1 toastie maker and panini press.
What about lounge wear, dressing gown, hot water bottle, really good gloves. Voucher for one of the online printing sites so she can make a photobook?
Coffee table photography books
Art materials

AlexisRoselovesTedtheVet Sat 21-Nov-20 07:24:34

dementedpixie

And cash doesn't really work either as she doesn't buy anything either

Does she have a savings account? My DD(16) has just opened one to save for driving lessons next year so that's where all her birthday and Christmas money is going.

Like OP's DD mine has got everything she wants and needs but I do want her to have something she can open on Christmas morning so I'm getting her a Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish & moisturiser so she can temporarily upgrade from her usual Superdrug dupe and some chocs from Hotel Chocolat.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in