Talk

Advanced search

Christmas experiences

(10 Posts)
Autumnpumpkin Fri 30-Oct-20 09:29:32

Hi!
We are wondering where we can go and see father Christmas this year. We are based in York but would be happy to travel around 2hrs away. The last few years we went have been to stockeld park but fancy a change?
I had hoped to get tickets to lotherton hall but looks like they have sold out for the actual seeing father christmas part.
Children are aged 8, 6 and 3. Open to budgets with it been such a odd year for us all (especially the children!)
Thank you!

OP’s posts: |
Fivemoreminutes1 Fri 30-Oct-20 10:05:30

North York Moors railway www.nymr.co.uk/Event/santa-reimagined
Ingleborough Cave

greenlynx Fri 30-Oct-20 10:08:08

Castle Howard

Aroundtheworldin80moves Fri 30-Oct-20 11:11:47

Keighley and Worth Valley Railway have a Santa train (but they were down to a few dates last time I looked when showing a friend

Belton House I Lincoln

Autumnpumpkin Fri 30-Oct-20 11:15:00

Thank you everyone. I cannot believe how full up everywhere is already!

I unfortunately have a child who is very travel sick so a little concerned about the train father Christmas experiences, as magical as they look.

NoWordForFluffy Fri 30-Oct-20 11:23:10

Loads of things have been on sale for months. Plus others have been cancelled, so there's more demand for those that are running.

I hope you find somewhere though.

Have you looked at local garden centres? Dobbies does loads of Santa events.

Autumnpumpkin Fri 30-Oct-20 13:28:31

I know I'm late to the party this year. I always book around this time usually and never had any problem. I should of known really.
Thank you!

HumphreyGoodmanswife Sat 31-Oct-20 03:40:30

We have been to quite a few in the Yorkshire region over the years. The best by far was Castle Howard (albeit that was about 5/6 years ago), too old for all that now sad.

Hope you manage to get booked in somewhere.

MarmaladeTeepee Sat 31-Oct-20 08:21:15

Might be just over an hour away from you, but Believe at Hardwick Hotel, Sedgefield is amazing. Similar set up to Kielder where you're taken around by a character and visit various teepees and set ups and watch a mixture of performances and do crafts as well as see Santa. We did it a couple of years ago and my DC loved it. Not sure what the set up will be this year or if there's still tickets available but I can definitely recommend looking into it.

Autumnpumpkin Sat 31-Oct-20 08:58:23

Thanks everyone. We have booked Murton park to see Father Christmas. We are going to book Lotherton hall to do the 12 days of christmas trail.
We would of liked to do castle howard (we are actually members here) but there wasnt any times left suitable for us. I know for next year to book early when they release their members pre sale. Although I'm trying to convince my husband the Lapland UK would be fantastic to do next year although very expensive (we are waiting for some money to come back from cancelled holidays this year so could put that towards it) Has anyone done this before?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in