Talk

Advanced search

North Pole Breakfast and Supper?

(9 Posts)
myhobbyisouting Tue 27-Oct-20 16:33:38

This year I'm going absolutely mad treating the family to full on festivity for the whole month of December.

The elves will arrive on December 1st having decorated the playroom as a grotto with December 1st boxes. They will have laid the table for a North Pole breakfast too.

I'm considering a North Pole supper too one day (I've never heard of this, it is a thing I've just invented) where the elves have laid out a supper while we were out on a walk (needs to be speedy so they don't notice I'm a few minutes leaving the house grin)

So....ideas? For the grotto, breakfast and post-walk supper please.

So far I have paint your own Santa's grotto which will form the main part of the grotto, lights, postbox that I'll make from amazon boxes.

Chocolate milk with reindeer eyes and nose stuck on the glass

Cake pops or muffins from local baker friend

Mulled apple juice if we go for a long walk/day out (can switch slow cooker on remotely)

Make a big deal out of turning all the Christmas lights/music off before leaving then switch them all on before we get home using Alexa

All ideas welcome!! 😊

OP’s posts: |
Wherearefoxssocks Tue 27-Oct-20 18:04:43

Other things I've seen have been:

Christmas tree crumpets
"Candy canes" made out of strawberry and banana

myhobbyisouting Tue 27-Oct-20 18:31:52

Ah yes, Christmas tree crumpets. Should've thought if those as this week we have ghost ones

Vodkafairy75 Tue 27-Oct-20 21:32:44

I did a North Pole Breakfast for the first time last year. I had the chocolate waffles cut into triangles and arranged like a tree with some chopped berries scattered on top as ‘baubles’. The strawberry and banana candy cane mentioned above plus a few other treats. There’s loads of ideas on Pinterest, I even have a whole board dedicated to North Pole Breakfasts!! 🤣

This year we won’t have time for a breakfast in the morning as I will be working but decided to have a North Pole Picnic for tea in the living room instead on the 1st and perhaps have a breakfast on Christmas Eve.

My son will be 3 in February and likely doesn’t give a shit if we have one or not but I really like the idea and if I’m being honest it’s probably more for me than him 🤣

snowmanshoes Tue 27-Oct-20 21:49:33

Toast and/or pancakes cut into festive shapes using cookie cutters
Raspberries or strawberries with a squirt of cream on the top to look like Santa hats

myhobbyisouting Tue 27-Oct-20 22:54:51

@Vodkafairy75 my kids are definitely old enough to appreciate it and it's still more for my benefit 😂

I'm a Christmas nut! But this year I don't care, I'm going all out...bring it on.

CometCupidDonnerBlitzen Wed 28-Oct-20 06:32:41

I tried the breakfast one year but realised I am not human enough when I wake off to pull if off convincingly. grin Instead we have morphed it into a North Pole party. We have one every December and invite the nieces and nephews along too. We've done all sorts of things in the past - Christmas films, Lego builds, fake snowball fights, cardboard houses to decorate, baking etc. We also put on a buffet tea which is all the worst food you could imagine in one glorious spread (think candy canes, pigs in blankets and retro sweets). We find it's a lovely way to get all the kids excited for Christmas. No idea if we will be able to do it this year yet but hoping so.

CloudyVanilla Wed 28-Oct-20 07:17:32

Not in addition to a North pole breakfast OP but something you might like to add in one day - I've decided to do a Christmas Morning Tea (like an afternoon tea) for breakfast on the 25th - I'll do little sandwiches cut into festive shapes with cookie cutters, mini cooked pastries, a strawberry and marshmallow on little cocktail sticks, etc arranged on a tea stand, and accompanied with a tea pot of Apple juice or chocolate milk or something for them to have a tea party with smile

thelegohooverer Wed 28-Oct-20 13:12:46

I have a fussy eater who doesn’t appreciate fancy food. We have chopped banana and strawberries laid out as candy canes, and snowmen glasses of milk with ribbon scarfs and the faces/buttons drawn on with edible icing pen. I paint holly or something similarly quick on plain white plates with food colouring.
Ours is just Christmas morning breakfast, and my lot know it’s me and not an elf. I’m a terrible liar and elves would stretch my credibility.
One year I put food colouring in the bottom of their cereal bowls so the milk changed colour magically and ds nearly lost his life and was convinced he’d been poisoned. But it might be fun with less paranoid dc!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in