Page 9 | The “I don’t need anything” husband gift thread

(375 Posts)
LongPauseNoAnswer Sat 03-Oct-20 20:10:44

Does anyone else have a DH who is practically impossible to buy for? He doesn’t need anything, doesn’t want anything and I have no clue what to get him.

He doesn’t drink, doesn’t smoke, doesn’t like sports. He sounds horrifically boring but he’s not I swear grin

What are you getting your impossible to buy for DH?

OP’s posts: |
Charlottle Thu 29-Oct-20 18:47:21

PolkadotsAndMoonbeams

*Charlottle*, I have a Wacom Intuos. I have the small because I wanted it to be easily portable, but I think the medium might be nice if you weren't carrying it around.

I've used a simpler Wacom at work as well, and a friend has the Wacom bamboo (older model). All are very good, so I'd recommend them.

Some are Bluetooth, and others wired, and different models come with varying amounts of free software.

Excellent, thank you for your help! I’ll have a look in to that brand and I always look at refurbished anyway when buying any new technology as like you say, you can potentially get a better model for the same price as a new lower model. Thanks again smile

PolkadotsAndMoonbeams Thu 29-Oct-20 19:41:27

On their own store, if you type in special offer they have the one I have for £55 (wireless) or the wired version for £40. They have different offers for software trials too if you scroll down (more options for the Bluetooth one).

(I've spotted one on there for £18 if it's a gift you're really not sure they'll use, or maybe for a teen).

AdoraBell Thu 29-Oct-20 19:48:34

Mine is the same. Every year he gets 2 bottles of shower soap from Molton Brown, both the same fragrance, chocolate and something like socks/scarf. This is from our DDs. Last few years I’be bought him leather gloves, scarves, sheepskin slippers. All things he appreciates but wouldn’t buy for himself.

CrunchyNutNC Thu 29-Oct-20 20:03:41

Oh my days I have found my people grin

My DH never wants anything, but always buys me loads (even though I say to just get me one thing). The only indication that he wants something is that an amazon parcel arrives hmm.

In the past I've bought

A weather station
Train set
Jumpers- various
Pants -various
Socks -various
Favourite chocs
Alarm clock
Lego
Novelty mugs

I have no idea for this year. I'd be thrilled if we just have each other a small token, but he won't play ball.

Maybe amazon vouchers this year (joking-not-joking) grin

BarbiesBitch Thu 29-Oct-20 20:26:07

I know it’s random but I’m getting my DH a smart lightbulb grin
A new pair of nice slippers,
A new electric drill (his is ancient and close to dying)
A PlayStation game (Fifa 21)
Also considering getting him a go pro camera as he mentioned ages ago that he would like one. That or a new coffee machine.

topcat2014 Thu 29-Oct-20 20:31:33

Can you just agree to buy nothing?

Honestly I have money and buy stuff if I want. I genuinely don't want stuff bought for me beyond maybe £5 spent by dd herself

Advertisement

Magissa Thu 29-Oct-20 20:54:43

I noticed my DH eyeing this up on Amazon. Not sure why you would need to keep it at a constant temperature. I just drink mine straight away smile

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07NQTXX4Y/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_XTYMFb61SZZT9?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

OneNightTimeMenaceStrikesBack Thu 29-Oct-20 23:39:03

Ive bought a leatherman multi tool and case for it. His swiss army knife is not much good any more and i know hes been eyeing the lethermans up for a while. it wasnt cheap as such but i know he'll get a lot of use out of it. other wise its vinyl vinyl vinyl which i know he will love all of the one sive bought. Also looking at getting a new chromecast for him as he loves his tv/netflix/disney+ and ive also got him a new G-Shock Watch. other than that he'll get a stockign with socks and pants and various little bits like a choc orange, a toblerone, a new mechanical pencil and note books which he uses every day for work

Yorkshirelass04 Mon 02-Nov-20 13:20:51

https://www.ewm.co.uk/harris-tweed-mini-hip-flask-keyring-2108576

I bought this mega cute mini hip flask from Harris tweed. Only £8. It's soooo dinky

Antirrhinum Mon 02-Nov-20 19:04:08

Bought my 'husband who doesn't want anything' a bottle of Captain Morgan's spiced rum today. He likes it but never buys it, so I thought I might as well 🤷🏻‍♀️

hellisotherpeopleandhorlicks Mon 02-Nov-20 20:21:58

Past winning presents have been:

Steak stone - where you heat the stone and let the steak cook as much as you like on the stone in the centre of the table

Drinks by the dram gin or rum tasting kit the bottles are lovely and this year they have monthly club on Master of Malt which is £25 per month for six new taster gins and the first month comes with two tasting glasses. You can cancel at any time

Adam Buxton's new book is something I've picked up as he's a big fan

Arsene Wenger autobiography for same reasons

Calendar of our DS for his desk

One of those light down jackets that folds down into a little drawstring bag

Electric blanket with dual temp control for our bed

Camper slippers

A surprising hit - a thermal snood that I picked up last minute last year that he loves as he hates scarves

hellisotherpeopleandhorlicks Mon 02-Nov-20 20:22:53

Oh and any rum lovers this is a gorgeous set:

piratesgrogrum.com/products/three-pirates-grog-rum-miniatures?variant=34794815175¤cy=GBP&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&utm_campaign=gs-2020-04-20&utm_source=google&utm_medium=smart_campaign&gclid=CjwKCAiA-f78BRBbEiwATKRRBDYbHmEYOuf244tV7VmlCY-IjhyLRXYQgDFmc9XiIKl8tjBOHH95ixoCWyIQAvD_BwE

Temporary1234 Mon 02-Nov-20 20:24:29

Mine likes a love poem and a handcrafted thing to show my love.

As I don’t have money to buy him what he would really like as his taste is too expensive and I gave up

Backatsquareone Mon 02-Nov-20 21:38:47

@hellisotherpeopleandhorlicks is there any particular steak stone you would recommend? Been stuck on what to get FIL but could be great

MinnieJackson Mon 02-Nov-20 21:42:45

Does he read? Watch telly?

MirandaMarple Mon 02-Nov-20 21:43:21

Nothing.

Gratefulforever Mon 02-Nov-20 21:52:26

I recently bought a dedicated piece of music. Not for my husband but for my parents’ Golden Wedding Anniversary but they also definitely fall into the category of impossible to buy for!
You choose a piece from the selection, choose your title and they send you a copy of the piece of music (framed if you like) and it’s put on streaming services like Spotify (with your chosen title). From the website www.musicaldedication.co.uk
They were really chuffed and it seems like quite a unique gift I think. They love listening to ‘their’ piece!

hellisotherpeopleandhorlicks Mon 02-Nov-20 21:52:30

@backatsquareone we got this one
www.steakstones.co.uk/product/the-steakstones-sizzling-starter-set/?gclid=CjwKCAiA-f78BRBbEiwATKRRBLccNxvgXJdKjIbj6LylCrC2SUf6tQaCByi_vGVXri2kqHYFFMUM0hoCfHwQAvD_BwE

And it's been very good. A friend has the Black Rock one which is cheaper and says it's also fab. Make sure you get the gloves as well though or some other heatproof gloves they get bloody hot!

Backatsquareone Mon 02-Nov-20 22:29:33

@hellisotherpeopleandhorlicks thank you so much, that is so helpful

sueelleker Tue 03-Nov-20 07:50:05

Not something I'v ever bought, but a dedicated cook might like a Himalayan salt block for cooking on. www.healthline.com/nutrition/himalayan-salt-block-cooking#:~:text=Himalayan%20salt%20blocks%20can%20be,pizzas%2C%20and%20other%20baked%20goods.

MammaGnomes Tue 03-Nov-20 22:32:39

Ooh excellent thread thank you!
Just ordered the nespresso advent calendar for his end of November birthday. We already have a nespresso machine but considering buying him one for his desk as he is wfh. They do a machine for £1 and then a monthly payment which you can use as credit for coffee if anyone else has been considering it and wasn't aware

FlaviaAlbiaWantsLangClegBack Fri 06-Nov-20 16:19:46

Ha, just saw this if anyone's looking a gift for a cycling DH grin

www.victorychimp.cc/collections/bidons/products/bikefast-bidon

PriceEmUp Sat 07-Nov-20 11:51:13

OH is the same. I usually get boxers and socks because it’s the only thing he needs at Christmas. I usually make him a box up and puts, boxers socks, some jeans or a jumper, most years he gets a new pair of vans, some sweets, maybe a wallet if his is looking particularly tatty. Then some novelty shite that stays in a box under the bed until we do a spring clean and throw it out hmm

orangejuicer Sat 07-Nov-20 19:22:42

Reading this thread helped me realise I can get my DP a new watch. It's been sat aside broken for a couple of weeks now.

So if you need Inspiration look around the house for anything out of place!

Whattodowithaminute Sat 07-Nov-20 19:46:44

I noticed yesterday DH sleep shorts are holey so replacement couple of pairs will at least be something to open.
American grocer do a hot sauce selection which I might get, he doesn’t normally love selection type bits but...

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in