Page 8 | The “I don’t need anything” husband gift thread

(375 Posts)
LongPauseNoAnswer Sat 03-Oct-20 20:10:44

Does anyone else have a DH who is practically impossible to buy for? He doesn’t need anything, doesn’t want anything and I have no clue what to get him.

He doesn’t drink, doesn’t smoke, doesn’t like sports. He sounds horrifically boring but he’s not I swear grin

What are you getting your impossible to buy for DH?

OP’s posts: |
ShoppingBasket Sun 25-Oct-20 20:37:29

I got my Dh a 3d jigsaw of his football teams stadium, it was one of the best presents he ever got apparently confused
Coffee machine, coffee grinder and a little hamper with coffee biscuits, crossword book and coffees from different part of the world and syrups.
Scratch map.
Any type of rugby Jersey which I just don't get as he has about 40 different ones from around the world.
Fitbit style watch for my Dad, in his 70s and every day he tries to beat his steps. I was surprised it went down so well.

ShoppingBasket Sun 25-Oct-20 20:42:39

@crikeycrumbsblimey do you have a link please for the figures?

Charlottle Sun 25-Oct-20 20:44:16

PolkadotsAndMoonbeams

*Charlottle*, I don't know if you're looking for something for this year, but he might like a graphics pad.

I borrowed one from work for online meetings etc during lockdown, and have now bought my own so I can use it for sketching as well. I like sketching on paper, but it's quite fun to try drawing directly onto a computer, and I can see it coming in useful to sometimes have a digital version of something straightaway rather than having to scan and edit.

Thank you smile I had seen them mentioned on a thread here and wondered if it might be good for him so it’s actually really nice to hear how another person who enjoys sketching feels about them. If you have any recommendations on a brand that is worth looking at, that’d be great smile

crikeycrumbsblimey Sun 25-Oct-20 20:44:58

@ShoppingBasket
Just saw them on eBay - seem to be lots and not too expensive

Zeebeezee Sun 25-Oct-20 20:50:17

This is going to sound odd I suppose, but we don't buy anything for each other at Christmas. Just on our Anniversary which pre Covid was a week away somewhere warm and nice, and we alternated who paid.

There is no need for gifts really if you have everything you need/want.

AliceMcK Sun 25-Oct-20 20:53:33

Socks, slippers, undies, he loves getting them, it’s a standing a Dad joke, he said when I was pregnant with 1stDD he was looking forward to getting new socks/slippers/undies every birthday and Xmas. Sometimes I buy novelty things or stuff he will use, work shirts, coat etc..

Last year I got him a beanie with Bluetooth to listen to music through it and a beard grooming kit. My DH would really love a particular Star Wars Lego set but it’s 100s of ponds we can’t justify spending.

Advertisement

mellicauli Sun 25-Oct-20 20:54:50

Cashmere jumper. Every year. It’s selfish really. Just much nicer to cuddle someone in a non scratchy jumper..

Mamagin Sun 25-Oct-20 21:25:39

Voucher for a meal out together, weekend away, theatre vouchers, membership to something....we buy too much 'stuff'! Or get him to make an Amazon wish list, then you know what he wants.

RainingDogs Mon 26-Oct-20 23:01:04

Readly subscription. I always recommend this for hard to buy for people! Access to thousands of magazines (many big titles!) for £7.99 a month. Read them on your phone/tablet. I'm not in any way affiliated with them. I got a subscription for my dad last year and he loves it.

IToldYouIWasFreaky Tue 27-Oct-20 14:35:26

@oatmilkisntsobad Sorry, I missed your question!

We got the A3 size as we wanted to get it signed so needed space. DP got a nice big frame for it too.

I think A5 would look good though!

I just remembered another idea...I was given a brilliant puzzle book for my birthday, called Journal 29 It's an interactive game, so you solve puzzles and then get a clue for the next one. It's really cleverly done and I enjoyed it so much I bought the sequel for myself! I'd really recommend it for anyone who is into puzzles or escape rooms

starfishmummy Tue 27-Oct-20 14:38:01

Mines happy enough to get socks. He gets pants for his birthday in the new year.

Its when other people ask me wants. I don't know. Ask him!!!

DelphiniumBlue Tue 27-Oct-20 17:17:48

Rapanui
I'm going to get adult DS a few tshirts from here.
Also, I can recommend Ticket to Ride board game.

Onekidnoclue Tue 27-Oct-20 19:07:13

I LOVE YOU GUYS! I’ve sorted my miserable FIL, BIL and DB! You’re all Christmas heroes! X

funtimefrank Wed 28-Oct-20 08:21:12

Mine is a nightmare. He had had:

New office chair (he games)
Head to toe outfit laid out like a person
Cycling gear
A canoe
Alexa and some dots
Fancy coffee machine with fancy coffee

He loved hobbies, takes them up intensely for a few months. This year he has got fit and taken up disc golf (no, me neither). He has bought all the kit himself so I literally have no clue what to get him. He's cut back on beer and treats and we got him clothes for his birthday.

I may get him a lump of coal.

oatmilkisntsobad Wed 28-Oct-20 11:54:34

IToldYouIWasFreaky

*@oatmilkisntsobad* Sorry, I missed your question!

We got the A3 size as we wanted to get it signed so needed space. DP got a nice big frame for it too.

I think A5 would look good though!

I just remembered another idea...I was given a brilliant puzzle book for my birthday, called Journal 29 It's an interactive game, so you solve puzzles and then get a clue for the next one. It's really cleverly done and I enjoyed it so much I bought the sequel for myself! I'd really recommend it for anyone who is into puzzles or escape rooms

Thanks! I've ordered a few and some frames. They're going to be a hit I'm sure

oatmilkisntsobad Wed 28-Oct-20 11:58:33

Ordered a few Journal 29s too!

TheSunIsStillShining Wed 28-Oct-20 12:29:59

FippertyGibbett

I’m thinking of a bean to cup coffee machine, but watching this thread with interest 🧐

I'd recommend Sage. It's the best purchase I ever made. DH got it from me last xmas.
This year he is getting a 70 cm tall pig plushie. smile

Milksheik Wed 28-Oct-20 13:52:26

Omg that Journal 29 looks ideal! That, socks, and a build- your-own tasting set from Masters of Malt, a jumper, and I think I'm sorted.

OnCandyStripeLegs Wed 28-Oct-20 15:57:21

2020nymph What's a bat torch?

PolkadotsAndMoonbeams Wed 28-Oct-20 18:15:17

Charlottle, I have a Wacom Intuos. I have the small because I wanted it to be easily portable, but I think the medium might be nice if you weren't carrying it around.

I've used a simpler Wacom at work as well, and a friend has the Wacom bamboo (older model). All are very good, so I'd recommend them.

Some are Bluetooth, and others wired, and different models come with varying amounts of free software.

PolkadotsAndMoonbeams Wed 28-Oct-20 18:34:56

I actually bought a refurbished one (because it let me buy the next level up iyswim, I didn't want to pay loads just in case I didn't use it) and it's fab — I'd be happy to pay full price.

I use it a lot for work as well. Stuff like shared whiteboards in meetings, signing and annotate documents and things so I get plenty of use from it.

PolkadotsAndMoonbeams Wed 28-Oct-20 18:37:31

On the sketching side, it does feel like using a real pen/pencil. It probably takes an hour or so to get the hang of looking at the screen and drawing on the desk, but then you're away. Learning the programmes (where to change colour etc) takes a bit longer, but I'm enjoying it.

oatmilkisntsobad Thu 29-Oct-20 06:52:58

@PolkadotsAndMoonbeams you've convinced me to buy a Wacom for my DH! Sounds like something he'd use. I'm looking on CeX for a refurbished one but there are so many models to choose from. I don't want to pay more than £50. Can you recommend one at around that price?

drspouse Thu 29-Oct-20 07:45:19

Mine is getting a BBC Easy Cook magazine

drspouse Thu 29-Oct-20 07:49:54

Blooming phone! Subscription.
Long sleeved t-shirts probably from Man Who Has It All or Redbubble.
Football book (I have one in my Amazon list about Hillsborough but I can't remember where I saw it, or he has a cartoon one from his football magazine that has a sequel).
Dad is getting a Booths hamper (probably not a literal hamper, I'll just buy him a load of cheese/paté/crackers).

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in