Talk

Advanced search

Breakfast on Christmas morning

(200 Posts)
crazyhairbear Sun 27-Sep-20 18:16:10

What does everyone have for breakfast on Christmas morning?

Is it tradition? Do you change it up every year?

We try to have something a bit special and change it up every year, in recent years we've had- pancakes, pannatone french toast, bacon sandwiches (not so fancy 🤣) our favourite childhood cereals, bake at home pain au chocolat. So I'm kind of stuck for this year.... hit me with your suggestions 🥰

OP’s posts: |
Fueledwithfairydustandgin Sun 27-Sep-20 18:36:02

I have PILs and sometimes BIL and SIL for Christmas breakfast so I usually order lots of croissants and pain au chocolat from the local bakery, I get one of the brioche Christmas trees and I cook scrambled eggs, mushrooms, bacon, sausages (and vegi bacon and sausages) and we have toast and buns. Not fancy but pretty easy and keeps us going and there’s plenty of choice for everyone

TellMeAStoryIllTellYouTheTruth Sun 27-Sep-20 18:36:53

Scrambled eggs, smoked salmon and lots of champagne (or prosecco or cava!)

formerbabe Sun 27-Sep-20 18:38:51

Nothing

No way am I prepared to make a special breakfast then clear up and clean the kitchen before making Christmas lunch...give me a break!

MJMG2015 Sun 27-Sep-20 18:39:08

@Fueledwithfairydustandgin

I have PILs and sometimes BIL and SIL for Christmas breakfast

Good grief, how do fit in your Christmas dinner after that?

Bickles Sun 27-Sep-20 18:39:34

Pain au chocolat

LongPauseNoAnswer Sun 27-Sep-20 18:39:46

Bacon, sausage, eggs and mushrooms or low carb pancakes.

Strawberrypancakes Sun 27-Sep-20 18:41:07

Nothing here too, save ourselves for lunch grin

Parker231 Sun 27-Sep-20 18:41:48

Usually pain au chocolate, selection boxes and alcohol!

Puffalicious Sun 27-Sep-20 18:41:51

Always scrambled eggs, smoked salmon and bagels with fresh squeezed orange juice. It's a tradition and the DCs love it- I love it particularly as DH does it!

c75kp0r Sun 27-Sep-20 18:42:10

How about toast, porridge or cereal?

LunaLoveFood Sun 27-Sep-20 18:42:20

Chocolate. It's the only day of the year you get chocolate for breakfast. Although my DC have their usual cereal first as they're weird.

MJMG2015 Sun 27-Sep-20 18:42:32

Generally the 'frozen bake' mini croissants with coffee. Any more than a couple of the mini ones and I'm not interested in Christmas Dinner

We've tried various things & various timings over the years, but this works for us.

FluffMagnet Sun 27-Sep-20 18:42:46

Smoked salmon and cream cheese blinis (ready made blinis warmed through in oven). Simple to make, light enough not to ruin lunch and we just graze on them.

andannabegins Sun 27-Sep-20 18:43:48

Croissants and Christmas sweets from the stockings. I think there would be a mutiny if we didn't have croissants for Christmas breakfast!

DifficultPifcultLemonDifficult Sun 27-Sep-20 18:43:53

A selection box and half a tin of Roses in this house 😂😂

SecretWitch Sun 27-Sep-20 18:44:12

We put out a small buffet of eggs, bacon, bagels and cream cheese.

Fresh orange juice with our without champagne

EternalOptimist7 Sun 27-Sep-20 18:44:16

As a kid I always had porkpie & a mug of milk but nowadays I usually have creamcheese & smoked salmon bagels.

TisConfusion Sun 27-Sep-20 18:45:59

Usually just some kind of pastry - pain au chocolat or maple plait or cinnamon swirly thing

Wouldn’t want to fill up on breakfast when we have our big Christmas lunch at about 1pm. Also anything else means extra cooking and washing up for me - no thanks!

purplecup Sun 27-Sep-20 18:46:34

I do croissants, bagels, crumpets, fruit salad and little chocolates with crackers to pull. It's very little fuss as apart from the fruit salad I just have to heat something up. It's become our favourite tradition for Christmas morning.

iklboo Sun 27-Sep-20 18:47:37

DS - blinis, smoked salmon, sour cream & caviar (well, fish roe)
Us - Eggs Royale

Bacon butties

Pastries / croissants

Crumpets

DH & DS - porridge
Me - plate of meats & cheeses

Svalberg Sun 27-Sep-20 18:48:30

Mini pies. We're Northern.

riotlady Sun 27-Sep-20 18:48:42

Poptarts xD

WINDOLENE Sun 27-Sep-20 18:50:25

Bacon rolls every single year for about 20 years

GETTINGLIKEMYMOTHER Sun 27-Sep-20 18:56:16

Bagels with smoked salmon and cream cheese, for the adults anyway. Nice and easy,
Any young children staying will have what they like best, probably Nutella pancakes - also nice and easy.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in