Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for older working teenagers

(16 Posts)
Sadik Thu 24-Sep-20 19:16:22

Could do with some ideas for my 18 y/o - tickets, trips etc not really an option this year as they normally would be! Working so able to fund own tech etc, especially as still living at home so no bills to pay and planned travel & adventure feels a long way off right now I think so don't want to give related gifts ....

Levis denim jacket was a big hit last Christmas - I think I got that idea on here, MN inspiration definitely going to be needed for lockdown presents smile

OP’s posts: |
Fivemoreminutes1 Thu 24-Sep-20 19:33:24

Waffle/toastie maker
Food flask
Chilly’s water bottle
Power bank
Bluetooth shower speaker
HP sprocket printer
Touchscreen gloves

Sadik Thu 24-Sep-20 20:14:55

Just seen this place linked from another thread, & I'm thinking something from there might work shirt or jumper

Lots of good ideas Five & spot on in terms of tastes but unfortunately I think I've worked through most of them over the years with Christmas & birthdays.

Londonborncatty Sun 27-Sep-20 14:25:44

What about a framed print for their room, new bedding, lamp, throw etc. Just thinking we will all be sending much more time at home and they can take these things with them when they leave home.
Mini fridge for room filled with their favourite drink.
Books, slippers, underwear, toiletries (stuff that young men don’t like spending their money on) magazine subscription.
Presume he’s got an Alexa already?

Sadik Mon 28-Sep-20 17:48:55

We repainted & sorted her room during lockdown & she bought new bedding etc (including a small sofa which while very cosy means that there's not much room for anything else!)
But - reverse of an Alexa - I think she might like wireless earbuds. I'm thinking the bee jumper I linked, earbuds & a 12 book sub for Audible might be a nice selection for an inevitably quiet winter. I'll definitely do book & toiletries for a stocking - slippers would be a lost cause but fluffy socks generally go down well smile

Londonborncatty Mon 28-Sep-20 19:03:13

They sound like great ideas. I use Audible and absolutely love it. I do still think an Alexa is great too for listening to books but I’m probably bias as I have my books on most of the day. She’s very lucky!

OverTheRainbowLiesOz Mon 28-Sep-20 19:10:18

Luxury hot water bottle with beautiful cover went down well with my daughter.

Sadik Mon 28-Sep-20 19:48:05

That's a nice idea Rainbow - DD went through a phase a few years back of making everyone microwavable hottie wheat bags, but I think they're probably a bit past their best now

Londonborncatty Mon 28-Sep-20 20:05:58

Would she like a silk pillowcase? Great for hair and skin apparently.

RockingMyFiftiesNot Tue 29-Sep-20 16:25:00

My DD really appreciates a couple of more expensive makeup / toiletry items than she would buy herself.

RockingMyFiftiesNot Tue 29-Sep-20 18:51:55

RockingMyFiftiesNot

My DD really appreciates a couple of more expensive makeup / toiletry items than she would buy herself.

*would NOT buy herself

Wearywithteens Tue 29-Sep-20 19:08:50

Expensive perfume/aftershave
Trainers
Nice lingerie/Calvin kleins
Big jar jelly beans/red vines
Selection box!
Interesting book

Hufflypuff96 Tue 29-Sep-20 19:19:46

Doc martens
Vans
Trainers
Jewellery - not sure if she’s into any brands like pandora possibly
Beauty subscription boxes
Does she drive? Maybe driving lessons if not

Sadik Wed 30-Sep-20 20:32:50

She has DMs (classic oxbloods for her 16th birthday and been worn daily since then - she's now got some flowery ones too), but doesn't do make-up or jewellery at all. Sadly I've been pestering her to learn to drive since her 17th birthday with zero success! (Despite the fact that she can drive a tractor & has her chainsaw ticket confused )
I do like the idea of a subscription box as an alternative to Audible just as I think this winter/early spring might be hard going, so something coming in the post monthly would be a nice treat, but haven't thought of a good one. She's definitely into ethical / low consumption lifestyle, but I think somethign like fairtrade chocolate through the post would be fine grin

emptyshelvesagain Thu 01-Oct-20 01:27:37

If she likes her cosy comforts an Oodie might be worth a look. DD lives in hers. They are expensive but usually you can find a code to get a decent discount still expensive but justifiable grin

IggyAce Thu 01-Oct-20 04:51:27

This article may help with an ethical living subscription box.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in