Talk

Advanced search

9 year old boy

(21 Posts)
Ayuayuayu Sat 05-Sep-20 15:50:12

What are your 9 year old boys getting this year? I want to be organised early this year just incase!

OP’s posts: |
BertieBob Sat 05-Sep-20 15:51:04

Mario Lego, some Harry Potter and Minecraft stuff.

Mustbethewine Sat 05-Sep-20 16:05:08

All he wants is the new xbox.

Stompythedinosaur Sat 05-Sep-20 17:00:53

I have a 9yo dd but think her interests are fairly unisex.

She has recently really got into skateboarding and roller blading, so would recommend those for presents.

For Christmas we are looking at Harry Potter lego, a hoverkart (secondhand) and a turing tumble.

Ricekrispie22 Sat 05-Sep-20 17:30:09

Hot wires or Snap Circuits
Acoustic guitar
Radio control car
Sphero mini

PepperMooMoo Sat 05-Sep-20 18:14:53

New X Box

AnnaMariaDreams Sat 05-Sep-20 18:17:42

DS 8.6 at Christmas wants all the Lego. Avengers, Harry Potter, Star Wars
His best friend is similar but would also quite like a Nintendo Switch!

mummyof2boys30 Sat 05-Sep-20 20:17:15

Mine are both getting new ps5. Gonna be a dear Christmas. Anyone looking ideas they both got a liferyder scooter over lockdown and they have used it everyday. It's well worth the money

sitckmansladylove Sat 05-Sep-20 20:20:24

Mine are younger but just for ideas: an Amazon Fire. Walkie Talkies (long range). Camouflage nets to make dens. Subuteo.

PepperMooMoo Sat 05-Sep-20 21:41:58

@mummyof2boys30 I've heard about these, are they particularly good? My kids are 9 and 6, what would you say makes them particularly good or different to other scooters? TIA!

mummyof2boys30 Sat 05-Sep-20 22:45:11

We absolutely love them. They are great for forest parks etc with rough paths or off road on grass etc. No good for skate parks though. Mine are on theirs every day. Do the school run on them too. We actually like them that much we enquired about adult ones lol. Only negative I can say is the sticker color wore off a bit but other than that they are fantastic. Mine won't use their stunt scooters now. I like them as before they moaned going for walks and now they will go no bother. The handle height can be adjusted too

JuiceyBetty Sun 06-Sep-20 11:02:42

He's definitely going to get expansion packs for his Mario lego, he loves his.

Cantthinkofausename Sun 06-Sep-20 12:15:36

Mines is getting a new phone, mongoose scooter, xbox headset, gift card for his xbox, he doesnt play with with lego etc, hasnt for a while

EnglishGirlApproximately Sun 06-Sep-20 12:20:17

Mine isn't quiet nine but he's getting Mario Lego, a Mario anniversary switch game and a Mario Amiibo (are you seeing a theme here?)
Non Mario related presents will be a Really rad robot, Kinex pac man set, superthings play set and new football boots.

ilovetea14 Tue 08-Sep-20 11:41:52

My 9 year old is getting a segway ninebot s, thinking putty, dungeons and dragons board game, pins and dice,Lord of the rings books,top, xbox gold membership and Bath bomb kit.

covidmonkey Tue 08-Sep-20 13:16:30

Lego Star Wars and Minecraft and maybe some game. He plays games on laptop. He did initially want an Xbox but started playing with laptop and happy with that.

Ayuayuayu Thu 10-Sep-20 09:40:02

Great ideas here, thank you! Keep them coming

OP’s posts: |
Cherryrainbow Thu 10-Sep-20 09:47:05

My boy is 7 but seems to have similar interests.

He has some games for his consoles, funko pops, playstation clothing from primark, a scooter, sweet hamper and I might get him some more comics x

drspouse Sat 12-Sep-20 22:12:47

My nearly-9 is getting a refurbished Wii to play - you guessed it - Mario.
We have been out for the evening discussing what on earth to get our 6 year old who likes dolls, prams, her bike and wants a motorbike when she grows up. I think she'd like one of those scooters but then DS would want one too and it's more flexible to take her out on her bike anyway.
Also has to be not too huge as we are going away for Christmas (though we are driving).

cameocat Sat 19-Sep-20 10:40:55

His list says the following, won't get it all!

Lego, things for his chickens (I realise this is quite niche!) headset for Xbox, socks as he gets through them like anything) a new backpack, Nintendo switch (he's saving up for this so he really wants some cash to go towards it; he's selling old toys to contribute), bubble tea kit, lots of books, there might be an Xbox game but not sure about that

Runforyourlifeitsagherkin Sat 19-Sep-20 13:47:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in