Talk

Advanced search

Skateboards and skates

(7 Posts)
alphaBoss Thu 27-Aug-20 11:45:43

Can anyone offer any advise on skateboards and skates suitable for a 7.5 year old that hasn’t got brilliant balance (still working in bike) and isn’t overly “brave”. It was a surprise request but one I’d like to encourage. Don’t want to spend a fortune though as have feeling could be short lived. We only have a quite busy pavement outside too so no garden side to practice these things on either. Any tips? Tia

OP’s posts: |
Stompythedinosaur Thu 27-Aug-20 14:05:03

Quad skates are fairly stable and my 7yo gets on fine with them. She isn't that confident with her skateboard yet.

Cherryrainbow Thu 27-Aug-20 14:34:05

I got our boys skateboards from smyths last year. They're not that great at balance either but part of the fun is the challenge to get moving on them and getting better x

alphaBoss Fri 28-Aug-20 11:07:53

In thank you. Any in particular at smyths you’d recommend? I see quite a range or pieces sizes. Quads look good but he’s already a size 1.5 and it looks like they go up to a 2 confused

OP’s posts: |
Stompythedinosaur Fri 28-Aug-20 14:35:24

If Smyths doesn't work for you, we've got a fair few things from The Skate Hut and found them very good.

Tiggles Fri 28-Aug-20 15:03:11

Skate hut are good, or I recommend these people for chatting with if you want some tailored help. They started my son off years ago and he still skateboards now
www.skatewarehouse.co.uk

LadyCatStark Mon 31-Aug-20 15:44:59

Do t get a ‘toy’ skateboard from a toy shop or sports direct etc. They don’t roll very well and are really hard to use. I also recommend Skate Hut or Two Bare Feet.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in