Talk

Advanced search

Christmas countdown 2020: Lockdown edition (thread 4)

(1001 Posts)
NoWordForFluffy Wed 25-Mar-20 22:16:54

Here we go, new thread.

We've been very chatty this month! 😁

PJMasksGhekko Wed 25-Mar-20 22:57:53

Thanks for new thread Fluffy.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Wed 25-Mar-20 23:22:08

Lovely new squeaky clean thread, washed with soap and hot water for 20 seconds

Yah might need Lockdown Part 1/ Lockdown Part 2 / Lockdown Part 3....

Nine months till Christmas fwink

I have binged watched Line of Duty (and had a weirdy crush on Dot Cottan blush ) so it's time to clean the downstairs loo <<exciting life I lead>>

WreckTangled Thu 26-Mar-20 07:21:52

Morning! Lovely sunny day again here. Touch of frost.

I'm a bit achy have been doing the body coach pe with the dc but with my kettlebell or dumbbells. I've also found wearing my gym clothes helps to keep me motivated during the day. I know that's weird but it means I do join in with the work out and then we go on a decent walk at the end of the day and I'm not tempted to just slump on the sofa.

NoWordForFluffy Thu 26-Mar-20 07:40:46

Morning! It's another glorious day, so the kids will be scooting for hours again. At least it's fresh air for them! They're funny to watch when they're just having to adjust slightly round walls etc!

They've had to stop filming the new season of LoD. I'm gutted!

I went to Aldi last night and it was dead. They were getting people to maintain a 2m distance where they could too.

Mrsmadevans Thu 26-Mar-20 07:46:26

Good morning everyone πŸ˜€

Mrsmadevans Thu 26-Mar-20 08:06:19

Bgr posted too soonπŸ˜‚
So l haven't got CV 19 this morning , l think the pollen count must be high because both my DH and l are feeling stuffy and throaty. We are taking antihistamines at night so at least we are sleeping 😁
Thank you for the new thread Fluffy ❀️
To answer PJ re my family, they are just impossible , they have always been the same. My DH and Dds and my work have been my saviours. I think my Dad came from a very 'cold fish' family and starved Mum of any affection. This in turn made her resentful because she felt rejected he would reject her hand when she held his. It's all a huge cycle of abuse, neglect, cruelty, drunkenness, verbal abuse and emotional abuse. We weren't beaten as Dc but the verbal abuse and screaming and shouting and rows were just horrendous. I was just there staying quiet reading my books and doing everything I was told to do . Even though l was a really good kid l still copped it. We were very poor, l had second hand clothes , shoes , was ridiculed by my family because l was tubby and neglected. My hair was just the start of it. My brother from the age of 15 was a nightmare, drunk, violent , hit my Mum and Dad , Boxing day was always Boxing day literally in our house. My brother and Dad would physically fight. My sister moved out at 19 she married a lovely man who l worshipped, his family was so kind to me too. My Dad drunk most of his wages , yet at Christmas my Mum would buy expensive presents on tick that she would have to pay off for the next year. It was a series of disasters. I can see everyone's role and l feel for everyone of us. I don't feel sorry for myself at all. Times were tough for a lot of ppl. God l have gone on πŸ™„

PJMasksGhekko Thu 26-Mar-20 09:12:46

Ah Mrs, sending you big hugs, you have all been affected in your own ways, but you have done something about it, you've made a decent life for yourself smile

Themostwonderfultimeoftheyear Thu 26-Mar-20 09:24:16

Sorry I haven't been keeping up, struggling to balance working from home and taking care of DS so don't have much spare time. Am managing to fit in Joe Wickes every day though, can't believe how hard I am finding it!

How is everyone doing?

Mrs I'm so sorry about your childhood and family sad I had a different experience (lots of emotional abuse and neglect) and it affects you forever. flowers

FireflyGirl Thu 26-Mar-20 09:49:19

MrsM I'm going to picture you as Matilda from now on grin

I'm also struggling, most. I start work at 7-9, occupy DS 9-5 with an hour or so when I can do more work, we all eat tea together at about 5 then DH does bedtime while I work again until about 8. Then I collapse into bed.

DH works with vulnerable children and his work load has rocketed this week as the schools have closed. It's annoying, but suicidal kids have to take precedence over property issues!

Hopefully, it'll be easier next week. We've not had as much work coming in, so it'll probably be quieter. Just need the other side to agree extensions on my deadlines!

I haven't even attempted Joe Wicks! But I am digging on the allotment, so that's some exercise at least!

Isadora2007 Thu 26-Mar-20 09:52:46

Can I join for some soothing talk of Christmas. I couldn’t sleep last night and went downstairs- and fleetingly wished my tree was up as I love it so much. But then I doubt it would have the same effect now sadly.
I am glad we aren’t on lockdown in December though...

GETTINGLIKEMYMOTHER Thu 26-Mar-20 10:18:28

I’m seriously considering using some of my vast stash of knitting yarn to make these. Too small for presents at 25 cm long, but nice decorations for Gdcs?

NerosFiddle Thu 26-Mar-20 10:19:47

Morning all.

Thanks for the new thread.

I've been so sick the past few days. GP says
I've got to assume I'm COVID positive. I felt like I had a flu but I've had my flu jag already so unlikely that I did.

Mrs I'm sorry that you've had to go through so much. thanks

My two are too young for Joe so we've been watching Andys P.E. On CBeebies.

Themostwonderfultimeoftheyear Thu 26-Mar-20 10:46:35

Oh I haven't been doing Joe Wickes with DS Nero grin

Will give Andy a go for him though as Joe is a bit too grown up for him.

Hope you feel better soon!!

WreckTangled Thu 26-Mar-20 10:48:51

We've done joe wicks this morning. Am not in the mood for work. Redeployment starts next week and I'm pretty worried about where I might be sent 😭 time for another coffee.

My hand has loads of tiny cuts on it from washing too.

TheWoollybacksWife Thu 26-Mar-20 10:57:21

Eek Neros. Hope you are managing with your symptoms.

MrsMad and Most thanks thanks for you both.

GETTING they are lovely. Do it! I'm working on a Chernobyl blanket for Woolly Hugs and I've got at least 6 projects lined up afterwards.

PJ let me know how your delivery went.

Fluffy oh no to Line of Duty sad

I need to order something for my DD's birthdays next month. DD1 needs a present, DD2 has already had hers but she's going to be 21 so need to sort something out to make up for the lack of outside celebrations. We are thinking of having a black tie dinner and my lovely SILs have said they will bake cakes too so we can have a FaceTime party and all blow out our candles at the same time.

We've got today plus three more days isolating. I've never looked forward to going to Tesco quite as much 🀣

CrazyBaubles Thu 26-Mar-20 11:17:14

Thank you for the new thread Fluffy.

Sorry MrsMad, sounds very tough. You're doing so well to deal with them all the way you do now.

Neros how are you feeling now? I hope you're ok?

Sorry, my app is playing up so I can't see who wrote what. Whoever posted the pics of stockings, they look lovely.

I ended up basically napping and lying down after that little episode yesterday. The nosebleed caused a migraine and I was good for nothing πŸ™„
Feeling ok this morning - scratchy throat but assuming that's hay fever.

DH is home today. He's volunteered to work more than his share and had a list of things around the house he wants to get done. I'm just staying out of his way before he tries roping me in!

pussycatinboots Thu 26-Mar-20 11:28:39

<crawls in>

My bloody laptop keeps dying on me...if this posts, it'll be my last until i acquire a new one.
And the printer has gone to meet it's maker too still no mobile as DH has chucked the power lead

I hate technology.

Can someone order a couple of doz carrier pigeons for me please?

PJMasksGhekko Thu 26-Mar-20 11:58:58

The order has arrived, the plums are delicious, 2 lots of bananas, I'm giving Mum and Dad some as we won't eat it all, very happy with the salad box too, the jacket spuds are in the oven as we speak!!

WreckTangled Thu 26-Mar-20 15:58:27

Nice walk today

Hi folks, phew I found you 😊 not caught up yet though, will do that when I am off from tomorrow

Mrsmadevans Thu 26-Mar-20 17:58:37

Thank you PJ πŸ€—πŸ’
I am the total opposite of my mother , everything has to be in order and paid up to date . It's made me the antithesis of what she is and how she's bought us kids up πŸ™„
Most well done on the Joe wicks videoπŸ€— have you heard he has a contract with C4? They have snapped him up . Thank you re the family. I am so sorry you had the childhood that you did. It does make it's Mark on you forever πŸ˜°πŸ’
Woolly thank you πŸ’πŸ€—
The black tie dinner sounds fantastic , your DD will love it, very inspirational idea well done ! πŸ€—πŸ˜
Crazy thank you for the handholdπŸ’πŸ€—.
I know my family are terrible words that I cannot say πŸ’”πŸ’πŸ€—
Nero oh bless you thank you sweetheart. πŸ’πŸ€—. You take care of yourself, you sound as if you've been through the wars πŸ’πŸ€—
Crazy hay fever is rife here, it's absolutely awful and making me think I've got CV. I hope you feel better today πŸ’πŸ’ͺπŸ€—
Fire I love Matilda πŸ€— thank you πŸ’πŸ€—.
Well done on the home routine you are doing great, it does sound hard on you though m'dear πŸ’πŸ€—
So is that two more trolls or do we know the new people just asking for a friend? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Fluffy 😭no line of duty 😭
Thank you for the handholdπŸ€—πŸ’. Am imagining your Dc scootering round the corners love them πŸ˜‚
Wreck my hands are like cheese graters no kidding πŸ™„ beautiful scenery, lovely weather and the lambs are absolutely gorgeous 😍😁
Why you've been so busy working take a break and relax tonight you deserve it πŸ€—πŸ’
PJ that order sounds fabulous, the plums sound delicious , l want some πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‹I have had some pears and a banana today so I'm trying to get my 5 a day in πŸ˜‹
Boot don't worry my mum has got some pigeons in the garden as you know, that my sister and my brother want dead would you like them ? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

WreckTangled Thu 26-Mar-20 18:08:16

Pretty sure they're cows mrs πŸ˜‚

Mrsmadevans Thu 26-Mar-20 18:11:32

OMG Wreck l need glasses grin grin grin

70isaLimitNotaTarget Thu 26-Mar-20 19:12:33

Mrs flowers

I found out some things about my DDad family life growing up and it was like a "lightbulb" Ah so that explains a lot moment .

The mental scars as well as physical ones of childhood are lifelong sad

Puss I think your carrier pigeons got sent to my house judging by the number of feathers my boy-cat has brought in. Either that or one of my NDN was airing a duvet and he's killed it blush

This thread is not accepting new messages.