Page 2 | What have been your best Christmas present hits for adults?

(32 Posts)
Bellasblankexpression Sun 17-Nov-19 22:44:00

I’m struggling a bit with DH this year so have been thinking back over my previous hits for relatives and friends to see if it sparks off any ideas or inspirations. Thought it might be a good idea for a thread!

My best hits have been:

Cheese hamper for my dad
readly app subscription
Coffee club subscription
North face slippers - DH
Mini aftershave set for travelling - DH
a limited edition decanter for my grandad
wallet ninja for pretty much everyone who gets one
Steak stone - serious hit last year and still gets use a lot

What are yours?

OP’s posts: |
Be1atrix Mon 18-Nov-19 18:37:53

steak stone looks like a good shout, thanks!

RemusLupinsBiggestGroupie Mon 18-Nov-19 18:45:16

My dp tends to appreciate 'upgrades' of things. He rarely spends money on himself so things like:
'nice' brands of socks and underwear to replace cheap/old M&S stuff

a good pair of jeans or trousers, or a jumper or coat from a 'nicer' brand than normal - eg he's still wearing ancient old BHS coats!

He also loves a good bottle of brandy.

For other people, I tend to just get books and booze!

MumOfAnOnly12345 Mon 18-Nov-19 18:48:10

Thank you so much for this great thread! Readly subscription is perfect for my hard to buy for dad and wallet ninja good for teenage brother!

Graze box subscriptions went down well for my relatives. Also I got a one off subscription box from Universal Yums. They do boxes of snacks from around the world, one country each month. A country my dad likes happened to come up so I got a box then cancelled my subscription. He loved it.

Bellasblankexpression Mon 18-Nov-19 20:16:02

Glad it’s helpful! Snack box subscriptions are a great idea

OP’s posts: |
florriepeck Tue 19-Nov-19 11:01:27

Last year, I made up a food hamper for my elderly mum, and she loved it, so I'm doing the same again this Christmas.
I've bought a hamper kit from Aldi for £4.99 (basket with cellophane and ribbon, etc).
And I'm buying things to put in the hamper each time I go food shopping: non-perishable foods that I know she likes.
Some items are the basis of a meal, like M and S tinned steak and curries, and others are chocolate and pudding treats.
I'll really look forward to presenting it to her, and that's how a gift should make you feel, after all.

nancy75 Tue 19-Nov-19 11:14:43

For my Dad, the most difficult man in the world to buy for

Legends Tour around white Hart Lane
Talk by Tottenham Legends at local theatre
Tour around new Tottenham Stadium
Tickets to Harry Redknapp talking with audience at local theatre

You may notice a theme..

Advertisement

coffeeandbiscuittime Tue 19-Nov-19 22:03:39

We do a fair trade type hamper every year for our parents, they love it. Full of treats they enjoy but would not buy themselves , also a couple of personal gifts. They had the option this year of something else ( and more expensive) they have chosen the hamper as they really enjoy it.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in