Talk

Advanced search

What the berjeebers can I buy for my (just) 13 yo DS?

(27 Posts)
BaconAndAvocado Fri 18-Oct-19 11:35:31

He loves his Playstation (meh)

He doesn't need a bike.

He loves football but has lots of kit, footballs, goal in garden etc.also goes to matches with DH.

Help!

Minorityreports Fri 18-Oct-19 11:41:46

Clothes, trainers, iphone, ipad, airpods or bluetooth headphones, concert tickets, a day out doing some sort of extreme thing - don't ask me what - car racing or something if he's old enough.

AmIThough Fri 18-Oct-19 11:42:54

Good shout from @Minorityreports on the driving experience - you can get 'junior' ones. That'd be cool.

Minorityreports Fri 18-Oct-19 11:46:05

Since he's into footie, is there such things as training academies in the summer by professionals or something that he could do for a week?

BaconAndAvocado Fri 18-Oct-19 11:46:45

Ooh I like the idea of the experience day.....thanks, will look into that.

I think clothes are actually a good idea.....he loves his branded sportswear belch so it won't be cheap.

slipperywhensparticus Fri 18-Oct-19 11:47:52

Online game money?

BlueEyedFloozy Fri 18-Oct-19 11:47:54

Mine wants a desk and chair for his xbox homework 🙄

Minorityreports Fri 18-Oct-19 11:50:19

Yup the branded hoodies etc. add up very quickly!!!

BaconAndAvocado Fri 18-Oct-19 11:52:52

That sounds very familiar Blue grin

Minority he's just had his birthday and I managed to get a few bargains on Foot Asylum. But yes, generally the hoodies are around £30 a go. DS1, now 21, was more than happy with a hoody from Primark.......how times change!

CathFizz Fri 18-Oct-19 11:54:41

DS turned 13 in the summer. He did the junior learning to drive session with a few friends for his birthday and they all loved it. Yes to branded sports wear (north face, adidas, Calvin Klein undies), gaming chair, membership renewal for the PS. Would you rather? card game/book. It's a really hard age isn't it, no longer into toys sad

BaconAndAvocado Fri 18-Oct-19 12:44:15

Very tricky age Cath

Now,he doesn't believe in FC he also suggested that he wouldn't have a stocking........shock I think not!

A stocking he shall have, albeit filled with Lynx, socks, pants, Lynx, chocolate, sweets and Lynx grin

BaconAndAvocado Fri 18-Oct-19 12:46:15

He still,has a Lego Technics model, unopened, from last Christmas which I'm having to bribe him to complete!

How I miss those cosy afternoons with Lego.......

Atalune Fri 18-Oct-19 12:47:55

Skate board or scooter?
Belt
Cap
Stance socks (brand)

Minorityreports Fri 18-Oct-19 12:54:28

try brandalley.co.uk They are a discounted branded online store - I shop from them often and they are authentic. They're just usually last seasons end of stock. They often have CK etc.

eg they have this at the moment. Stocks change daily so new brands come on every day. It's great for a browse
www.brandalley.co.uk/men/sales/men-s-underwear-edit.html

Minorityreports Fri 18-Oct-19 12:57:25

@CathFizz I didn't actually know whether such a thing existed - thanks for confirming. I think a 13 year old would love shit like that - maybe pay for him and 2 friends or something.
Then a hoodie/addidas trackie bottoms, some cash, some Gucci Sport parfum, and then a PS game and some CK undies in his stocking that he doesn't want.

Minorityreports Fri 18-Oct-19 12:58:24

TK Maxx is good for discounted undies too.

Minorityreports Fri 18-Oct-19 12:58:51

Can you tell I'm a frequent purchaser of mens underwear lol

Minorityreports Fri 18-Oct-19 13:00:14

I could easily slaughter £500 on a 13 yo lol.

jobbymcginty Fri 18-Oct-19 13:04:00

My ds just turned 24 wants a PlayStation evolutions chair it's not cheap but amazon sell them. Think you can attach steering well etc to it

Minorityreports Fri 18-Oct-19 13:04:45

Oh - music - maybe pay for a year's subscription to spotify for him? Buy him a guitar and some guitar lessons?

BaconAndAvocado Fri 18-Oct-19 13:18:00

Buying branded pants doesn't come easy to me.....who is actually going to see them except DS ? grin

Minorityreports Fri 18-Oct-19 19:16:54

Oh it's really important! They hang the jeans just low enough that the girls can see the brand......
It's a thing.

Minorityreports Fri 18-Oct-19 19:18:03

Well, he might not be old enough yet for the whole girl thing.

LeGrandBleu Fri 18-Oct-19 19:29:16

Go pro or similar action camera?
My DS was really into dungeons & dragons at that age, but warning, more addictive than the PS4
Cool headphones

BaconAndAvocado Fri 18-Oct-19 20:23:18

I wish he was into Dungeons and Dragons!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »