Talk

Advanced search

Christmas Eve Box

(5 Posts)
MummyAndSon2000 Thu 17-Oct-19 01:14:16

So I've decided to make my DS Christmas eve box myself. I've got the box and sone cute little decorations to stick on to it. But there's a few things I'm not sure on, so if theres any creative parents out there who can share some ideas it will be appreciated.
I bought a wreath stencil but I'm not sure what paint would be best for the wood? I figured spray paint would be a god idea because that's what you would use with a stencil, but would acrylic paint be best? That's what I'm not sure of.
Also I want to write my DS name then Christmas eve box in the fancy Christmas lettering but I cant seem to find stencils online. So Ideally I'd like a transfer sticker of some sort but can't find personalised ones?
Now thinking, it probably would of been easier to just order an already decorated one but I've already set my heart on doing it myself lol

RainbowMum11 Thu 17-Oct-19 01:59:43

I used stickers for DDs advent calendar so not too sure about pant on wood , sorry

BlueOooChristmas Thu 17-Oct-19 07:22:38

You could use posca paint pens for the writing. I did that last year on ours and they are amazing. I'll see if I can snap a pic of the results later when the kids are out to show you.

I used acrylic paints the year before last and they were much better than the wood paint I used last year which has a funny smell imo. We will be returning to acrylics this time. You may just want to seal it when you're done.

Stick with making them yourself, it is extra work but if you enjoy crafts they are so much fun and you will be so pleased with the end result.

OneMummyToAnother Thu 17-Oct-19 18:55:45

@BlueOooChristmas thank you, have you ever tried acrylic spray paint before? If so how did you find it?
I would write his name on the box myself but I can't do the Christmas writing which is annoying. I could practice but if I mess it up on the box then I'd have to start all over again which Is not something I would want to do lol

DreamingofSunshine Thu 17-Oct-19 21:41:17

I bought some metallic spray paint in homebase that can be sprayed on wood if it's been painted with primer. I can't find it online to link it annoyingly.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »