Talk

Advanced search

Gift ideas for a cyclist or triathlete

(9 Posts)
bluemarina Mon 21-Jan-19 17:14:40

I'm looking for ideas for the birthday of a friend into cycling and triathlons.
Came across some Triathlon t-shirts and
Cycology.
Any other ideas?

Tiggles Tue 22-Jan-19 17:56:25

What's your budget?
I quite like the cycology t shirts.
If someone asked and had the budget I'd ask for cycling gloves but you would need to know their size/style.

Carrie76 Tue 22-Jan-19 22:01:29

I bought my cycling husband a good water bottle for his bike he’s commented on how much he likes it! Not an expensive gift obviously but useful. If you want to go high end you could get a garmin to track times etc.

sleepwhenidie Tue 22-Jan-19 22:04:46

One of these - or the leather one if you are feeling flush!

www.rapha.cc/gb/en/shop/rainproof-essentials-case/product/LEC05XXDNYXXX?istCompanyId=29c111b6-d402-4063-a3f2-09473e23c821&istItemId=-qiaaatptx&istBid=t&gclid=EAIaIQobChMItvPUlLKC4AIVVeWaCh3YdAMZEAQYASABEgLziPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Mumoftwoyoungkids Tue 22-Jan-19 22:05:19

Someone bought my husband a t-shirt with “If I collapse please pause my strava” on it.

sleepwhenidie Tue 22-Jan-19 22:08:04

Though I’ve just noticed the Rapha leather gloves are £45 reduced from £90 which would be a fantastic gift

sleepwhenidie Tue 22-Jan-19 22:08:31

Mumofteoyoungkids grin

BikeRunSki Tue 22-Jan-19 22:13:38

I have one of those Rapha essential cases. It’s really useful. Holds an iphone, fits in a cycling jersey pocket.

Between us, DH and I have msby, many t shirts and mugs with wry/funny/inspirational cycling quotes. At this time of year, I’d like merino socks. Or anything from Rapha, at any time of year.

bluemarina Wed 23-Jan-19 16:58:09

those are great ideas, thank you.
Rapha is a good idea, I'll keep an eye on the sales because most of their products are way more expensive than I thought they would be!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: